Missouri-St Louis

DJ

Has anyone used Complete Music DJ Service?  Opinions? How are their prices compared to others?   We are still going back and forth between a DJ and an IPod reception.  We are on a really tight budget.  Thanks in Advance.

Re: DJ

• edited December 2011
    I've been to a wedding where they were used.  I think it depends on who you get and you can make certain requests, like no cheesey-ness.  But I would definitely go with a DJ unless you want to be on a microphone making sure the night is progressing the way you want it to and getting everyone's attention during the main events instead of relaxing and enjoying your night.  Millennium Music was another one that I checked out.
  • aprilrose975aprilrose975 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks chrisandjennaI just brought up their website.  Looks like they are $300 higher.  That is with a $200 discount for useing a newer DJ. 
  • edited December 2011
    We are currently in the process of finding a DJ as well. So far for our January wedding we have been quoted a few different prices. Millennium was definitely the highest at 875 and that was with a 200 dollar discount for January. However, the gentleman I talked to, Ben, said he might be able to get the price lower for us if we needed since our wedding was in the off season.TKO quoted us at 550, with $60 for each additional hour after 4 hours, and First Class Weddings quoted us at 650 and that's for unlimited time. We haven't had meetings with them yet so I can't tell you which ones I like or recommend but I thought the price quotes might help. Just keep in mind that's for a January wedding, I don't know if the same applies for your date.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks Taylor. Complete Music quoted us a $100 discount because we are at an off time as well.  It is a week before Christmas in the afternoon so they can still book a Christmas party behind us if they want to.  If we can swing it I would really prefer a DJ versus an Ipod but it looks like the Ipod is winning.
  • edited December 2011
    I was considering doing an Ipod as well.. although I'm hoping I can get this DJ I love.. but how are you going to have that work? Are you renting a sound system??
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    LLK- Yeah we would be renting a few things.  My FI and his brother are electronic addicts so between them we probably do not have to rent much.   If we go the iPod route his friend said he doesn't mind keeping an eye on things.  The songs will be loaded onto his laptop and be password protected so only FI and friend can mess with the music.  I am just scared that without a DJ no one will get up and dance.   
  • afancherafancher member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Look up Raptor DJ.  His name is Austin Jones.  We have him for 5 hours and it was $550. Very nice people! he comes with a coordinator
  • edited December 2011
    We're using Elite Pro and I think it's $575 - that's including an extra hour. We obviously haven't used them yet, so I can't give you much of a review but they were very helpful, price seems good, heard good things about them.
  • edited December 2011
    I have heard nightmarish things about Complete Music. You can request certain DJ's and when you book they say sure but then as the date gets closer the reserve their top notch DJ's for their high end clients and call you and say, "so and so is sick or has to work their other job...blah blah blah". Then they send another DJ. I have also heard that some of their DJ's come, play music, don't read the crowd and don't care if anyone is dancing. Basically, it's just a job and not about the bride and groom at all. I would rather use my ipod then pay someone for less than great service.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks Kim-The whole reason we were considering them is because a friend of our had them at his wedding a couple weeks ago.  Unfortunately we could not make it to the wedding so we could not check them out.  But they said their DJ was great.  We were only going to use them if we had the same dj.  As of right now she is still available.  But I would be pissed  if they dumped me and gave me someone else.  I don't know if I want that kind of stress.
  • jlk0219jlk0219 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are going the ipod route and we rented the equipment through Pro Sound DJ Rental for $195. It's the sister company of Elite Pro.  You can choose to rent the equipment and do everything yourself, rent it and have an "operator" (person to play the music but no announcements), or a DJ. I think it was cheaper than going through Elite Pro, even though I believe they're owned by the same person. The website is www.prosounddjrental.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards