South Carolina

Lake Murray Venues

Hi everyone. I'm new to the Columbia area and planning a wedding for either May or June 2012. Does anyone have any suggestions for venues on Lake Murray (or any other waterfront venues nearby)? Preferrably an outdoor venue with an indoor option in case of rain.
Thanks!

Re: Lake Murray Venues

• mendysimsmendysims member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Check out Millstone at Adams Pond.  It's not on Lake Murray but it is waterfront and has indoor and out door options.  From the pictures it looks really pretty.
  • mfordingmfording member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Have you checked out the Riverbanks Zoo or even Saluda Shoals River center? Its beautiful. 

I don't know if they are near lake murray but I do know they are close to Columbia 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone. I have a call in to check out Millstone at Adam's Pond. I've heard good things about Saluda Shoals too. I hadn't thought about the zoo. I appreciate the input!
  • mfordingmfording member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I wanted Saluda shoals but its roughly $2000 more after hiring a planner to help than I want to spend :(

Its a wonderful facility and Jason is super helpful.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    There's Pine Island on Lake Murrary through SCE&G if you know anyone who works out there. It's beautiful!

River Road & Jasmine House is right across the street from the lake.
    http://www.riverroadjasmine.net/
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Chaunte' & Dave
    May 21,2011
    Life As A Newlywed
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • blackicequeenblackicequeen member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Pine Island is beautiful but it is private and you have to be a member
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board