DC
Options

XP: Try on another girl's dress?

I was at a dress boutique and one of the sales lady took out a bag with another girl's dress in it.  It had her name and everything, and she took the girl's dress out of the bag to "show me".  Had I not been appalled by what she did, she would've insisted I try it on.Is this what they normally do when your dress comes in, and they hold it for you at the shop?If I was to order from them, I don't want them allowing other girls to try on my dress when it comes in.

Re: XP: Try on another girl's dress?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Wow, I can't believe they did that!  When you order a dress you're supposed to be the only one who tries it on.  What would have happened if you had accidentally stepped on it wrong or something and caused a tear?  I would avoid ordering from them, just for fear that the same thing would happen to the gown you choose too.
  • Options
    OFFOFF
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My bridal shop SHOWED me a another girl's dress so I could see it's true color instead of the darkier dingier sample color. But it NEVER came out of the bag and she held on to it the entire time and then promptly whisked it away. I think it's fine for a shop to show you a dress for you to get an idea of color or original shape but to let you try it on is simply wrong. I agree w/ the pp I wouldn't buy my dress there I would be too paranoid they are letting other girls slip it on.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Wow, that really wrong. I can understand showing someone the true color like the PP said, but even then I don't know if I would be overly happy if I found out they did that. But to let a customer try on someone's purchased dress is just plain wrong. Can you share the name of the salon to warn other brides?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'd like to know the name of the store as well   
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards