South Asian Weddings
Options

Wedding recap...

So I'm back and we're married!!! TWICE! The wedding turned out really well, I think, despite some huge issues. Our Hindu priest was at least an hour late, and that was our first ceremony. Also, my beautiful mandap started falling over when the wind picked up to 20+ mph at our waterfront location (which I guess makes the wind worse). I didn't know it had fallen, and got word before the ceremony that somebody wanted to take it down. I guess some of my friends heard that this upset me, so they started getting all Macgyver and working to keep it up. It lasted through the puja, but part of the fabric popped off and revealed pvc when we started. I'm hoping it won't be too noticeable in the pics, though. But, despite these things, it was an AMAZING day. I got to watch DH's baraat from my room at the venue, which was so much fun. The food worked well, and the mango lassi that my very Southern venue whipped up was a big hit. And the best part was that I got to marry an amazing man and have family and friends surround us. My 88 year-old grandmother really got into the bhangra, too. So much fun. I'll try to get pics to you all as soon as possible!

Re: Wedding recap...

• Options
    edited December 2011
    awww congrats!  im glad everything worked out and you still had a wonderful day.  can't wait to see pics!
  • Options
    Meghana55Meghana55 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats!  Glad everything worked out in the end!  Can't wait to see pics :-)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm so happy things turned out great in the end! You're good attitude about things definitely helped. :).I keep telling myself that something crazy bad (like a drunk uncle stripping down to his briefs and dancing on a table) is going to happen and everything will still be ok because one day it'll be something to laugh about. :)Congratulations!!
  • Options
    katie978katie978 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    awww sounds incredible!!  congrats!!  what a Wonderful day!  YAY Granny!!  :)  And super cool that you got to watch the bharaat!  I hate it that the bride has to miss so much!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congrats and show us some pics!  That's so awesome about your grandma and the bhangra, too, btw.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congratulations!! I cant wait to see pictures. :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am so glad you didn;t let things get you down and you enjoyed it your day.  I can't wait to see some pics (or at least some teasers).  Congratulations!
    ExerciseMilestone
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards