New Mexico

Ceremony location

I am having my reception at the Four Hills Country Club but the price of having the ceremony there is a little high.  So I was wondering if anyone had any ideas on places to have only the ceremony here in albuquerque.  I am not a member of any churches but am not opposed to having a ceremony at a church.  Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Ceremony location

• ozarka020ozarka020 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    if you are a unm student or alumni or anyone in your family is a unm alumni, you can use their chapel.  it's got a traditional nm style of architecture and is very reasonably priced - students $150, faculty $175, alumni $200.  it seats about 150.  this is where i am having my ceremony.  there's also the botanic gardens, the paradise hills country club, ladera golf course, the balloon museum, wineries in los ranchos.  I did a google search of wedding locations in albuquerque and found a bunch of stuff.  HTH.
  • edited December 2011
    I was just going to ask this same question! We are aiming for June 2010 so our planning is just starting and we are wanting to find out all our options.   We were looking at the Tamaya Resort.  Anyone have any experience with that venue?Thanks so much! Joann
  • edited December 2011
    Ive been putting together a spreadsheet of like 12-13 venues in Albuquerque and their fees if that helps at all. if youre interested in it let me know: alicia.suarez@gmail.com
  • edited December 2011
    I posted and it disappeared! Anyway..I would love to see your spreadsheet if you dont mind sharing! My email is joannbernadine@hotmail.com   Thanks so much! Joann
  • edited December 2011
    I would also LOVE to have your spreadsheet! that would be so helpful, thank you so much! phantomskylar@gmail.com
  • edited December 2011
    Ill send both of you the list in an hour when I get home from work.  Hope it helps!
  • edited December 2011
    I tried Tamaya but its so expensive! Its $23,000 for the ceremony & reception only. But all the others that were listed are nice places! We looked into doing outside but we decided to go with our church
  • edited December 2011
    we looked at the tamaya also and found that it was crazy expensive.  That got crossed off our list very early on!
  • justjazzy98justjazzy98 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for all the ideas. We have been busy all week looking at all the places you all have mentioned!!
  • jesunm2008jesunm2008 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    UNM alumi chapel is great! That is where I am having mine, I am alum so I am paying 200 for the ceremony and I opted to have the two candelarbas and that is another 70 dollars, but that is really all the decor we are having, just a simple ceremony. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards