Texas-Houston
Options

Reception timeline

I know I've seen a post on this before but can't find it now.  Does anyone have a general timeline for their reception?  I think I finally found a church for ceremony and need to set the start time and see if we need an extra hour at reception.  I started working it out but everything seems so cramed.  Thanks!

Re: Reception timeline

• Options
    erin0709erin0709 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you can afford the extra time, I would take it.  Our reception felt so short and did feel rushed at times, but our timeframe for the reception was 4 hours.  I do have an actual schedule that I had emailed to the DOC and DJ, but it's on my other computer- if you want me to email it to you, just LMK.  Keep in mind that if you take formal pictures after the ceremony, you will have less time with your guests at the reception... our reception was from 3-7 pm but due to all the formals afterwards the wedding party didn't arrive until about 4 and we had less than 3 hours to squeeze everything in (although we did it all!).  I felt like the whole thing was over SO fast, but we did get to do all the stuff we had planned. 
    imageimage
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Are you doing a first look? That might help with time, you can get most formals and pics of you two together before the ceremony, so that after wards you just do a few more pics and head to the reception
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards