Arkansas

Reception Music

Hey everyone :)I'm trying to get a music list together to play at the reception.  Our "DJ" is a friend from church who has his own equipment that he will be using--we are not hiring a 'real' DJ for the ceremony.But anyway, I'm just looking for some suggestions for songs we can play at the reception.  We have our first dance song picked out, but that's about it.What did those of you that are married have played, and those of you not married yet--what are you planning on?

Re: Reception Music

• I got this list from another knottie -mwhitson-   “Boots On” by Randy Houser “Sideways” by Dierks Bently “Down the Road” by Kenny Chesney “It’s Good to be Us” by Bucky Convington “Johnny and June” by Heidi Newfield “Kiss a Girl” by Keith Urban “Love Who You Love” by Rascal Flatts “Our Song” by Taylor Swift “She’s Country” by Jason Aldean “Stealing Cinderella” by Chuck Wicks “Johnny Cash” by Jason Aldean “All I Ever Wanted” by Chuck Wicks “Sweet Thing” by Keith Urban “Settlin’” by Sugarland “My Wish” by Rascal Flatts “Still Feels Good” by Rascal Flatts “I Melt” by Rascal Flatts (sorry about all these RF, I was downloading as I was typing :D) “Lookin’ for A Good Time” by Lady Antebellum “In Color” by Jamey Johnson “Amazed” by Lonestar “But for the Grace of God” by Keith Urban “Cowboy Take me Away” by Dixie Chicks “How Forever Feels” by Kenny Chesney “What a Beautiful Mess” by Diamond Rio “I Do (Cherish You) by Mark Wills “Suds in the Bucket” by Sara Evans “Mud on the Tires” by Brad Paisley “She’s in Love with the Boy” by Trisha Yearwood “You had me From Hello” by Kenny Chesney “Then” by Brad Paisley “Don’t Think I Can’t Love You” by Jake Owen “I Will” by Jimmy Wayne “Don’t” by Billy Currington “We weren’t crazy” by Josh Gracin “Put a Girl in it” by Brooks and Dunn “Proud of the House we Built” by Brooks and Dunn “Relentless” by Jason Aldean “Unbelievable” by Josh Gracin “She’s Everything” by Brad Paisley “It Just Comes Natural” by George Strait “Once in a Lifetime” by Keith Urban “Lost in this Moment” by Big and Rich “I Could not Ask for More” by Sara Evans
  • sucrets4sucrets4 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have no suggestions because we didn't write a song list, but I'd suggest asking on a busier board like P&E.  Lots of knotties have their lists in their bios, so you could just ask for those people to post and let you know what they picked.Wish I could be more help!
    BFP(1) DD1 born 4.17.10 @ 33w5d due to pPROM
    BFP(4) DD2 born 2.14.13 @ 35w5d due to pPROM

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • amelianguyamelianguy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The biggest hits at our reception were: Black Eyed Peas - "Boom Boom Pow" 'N Sync - "I Want You Back" Etta James - "At Last" Bon Jovi - "Livin' On A Prayer" Montell Jordan - "This Is How We Do It" And my friend who had a few too many managed to sneak "Cha Cha Slide" in there...but everyone did have fun with it. Those are just the ones I can think of that really got the dance floor going. HTH!
  • edited December 2011
    My friends love to dance...so we will be busting out party/club music after dinner and the wedding stuff like dances and toasts.We will do swingy standards during dinner and a few after to let the old folks dance.But then we will start the party!  My FI loves to say "if its too loud, you are too old"  so he thinks the older guests can just deal with it. haha  its our wedding and we will dance to our fun music. :-)
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies! Those are all good suggestions.  I'd started a list a few months ago, but I can't seem to find it to update it and make any changes.  I'm the type of person that wants everyone to be happy, so I want a wide selection :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards