Wedding Party
Options

I am at a lost, I need help..

This is my second wedding and my fiance's first.  I am at a complete loss when it comes to figuring out a bridal party. My fiance has 4 best friends and 2 brother in laws so if he has his way he wants 6 attendants.  I have very, very few friends and the only potential bridesmaids I can come up with are my 2 sister in laws and my cousin who I asked to be my maid of honor.   I do consider this cousin a best friend but now she basically said that she couldn't be the maid of honor because she doesn't have the money to be in the wedding.  If I wanted her in it that badly I would say I'd pay for her costs but she hasn't always been very supportive at times and we've clashed quite a bit.  So, what am I going to do? I assume just have no bridal party at all but he really wants one because he wants his friends to stand up with him.  Another thing is that I have a 6 yrs old daughter, can she be my maid of honor?  Would that be weird?  I don't know what to do and being shot down by who I thought was my MOH really has me saddened. 

Re: I am at a lost, I need help..

• Options
    There are no rules when it comes to this.  Let him pick who he wants and you pick who you want (or no one). I can't tell you what to do aside from do what makes you comfortable and happy.
  • Options
    You pick who you want, he picks who he wants. Sides do not have to be even, and do not have to be single sex. You can have men you are close to on your side as well. Having your daughter would be lovely. Do not ask someone who isn't a good friend, you'll only get drama. Make sure all of your attendants understand that the only thing you they are expected to do is to get the dress and show up.
  • Options
    I think it would be very nice to have just your daughter up there with you two. The ceremony would be a joining of your family. Plus you avoid the drama of a WP.
    Courtesy of megk8oz
    "I think bablingbrooke is the 13 yr old marring her cousin at the town hall. Lets all give her a big hand. And hope her inbred children can live normal lives." -tabs.

A word of warning from your friends at Cracked.com: Remember that text is going to be how you make your first impression over the internet; if every third word you type is misspelled, people will automatically assume that you're a moron.
  • Options
    I think it would be really sweet to have your daughter up there (make sure you have someone else designated to sign the license). I bet she will be very excited about it and she gets to hold your bouquet. You may want to ask you SIL's just so your daughter has someone to rely on.
    My Grandparents on their wedding day.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    bio
    Repeat this to your self: My Wedding Party is made of my family and friends and I should treat them as such.
  • Options
    Yes your 6 year old can be your maid of honor Your brothers can be on your side as bridesmen Sides do not have to be even and he can have 6 and you 1 if you both are happy with that
  • Options
    I think that having your daughter is absolutly great. I am having my daughter be my MOH also, and her daughter my grandbaby has a FG,and I am so excited to include them in. My daughter is just beside herself has she has never been in a wedding before. Sides don't have to match. Have those who are close to you and you know that got your back. When is your wedding doesn't she have time to save for that dress, what can she afford. Are you willing to pay or help her with her expenses? Is it just because she isn't has supportive in the way you feel she should be? Don't have her in it then. If you can't see yourself without her standing by your side then offer to help with her expenses.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards