DC
Options

NEW and Need a Photog.

Hi girls! My name is Carly and my fiance and I just moved to the DC area about 3 weeks ago.  We are from Pittsburgh and have a September 5, 2010 wedding planned at Bedford Springs Resort in PA.I was hoping you could please recommend a great photographer.  We have already booked our wedding photographer, who is from Pittsburgh, but are looking for someone down here to do our engagement pics.  I don't really have a budget - I'm just looking for the best!!Thanks for all of your help!!!

Re: NEW and Need a Photog.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Welcome Carly!  You should check out Laura Burke of Laura Ashbrook Photography www (dot) lauraashbrook (dot) com.  We used her and absolutely love her!  I can send you our e-pics if you're interested, just email me khanhmpham (at) gmail (dot) com. P.S. I'm from PA and just wanted to tell you that Bedford Springs Resort is gorgeous!! Great choice!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Welcome! I recommend the Regetis, hands down. Their work is amazing. www.Regetis.com Best of luck!
  • Options
    OFFOFF
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Welcome! I'd recommend my photog Rachel Naft www.rmnphotography.com she does really great work and is super laid back. You can see our e-pics in my blog under photographs.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm slightly obsessed with my photographer.  Genevieve Leiper.[url]http://genevieveleiper.com/site.html[/url]    
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Loved our wedding phtographer Allison Britton.  You can check out our engagement pictures and many more on her blog.  Links in siggie.
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I HIGHLY recommend Abby Jiu. I think it will be hard to find someone that matches her style. www.abbyjiu.com
  • Options
    lareddinglaredding member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    we too used Allison Britton for our engagement session, wedding and recently boudoir. Love her http://www.abrittonphotography.com
  • Options
    xMyjackponyxxMyjackponyx member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I recommend Laura Kay Photography. I am in COMPLETE awe of her work. She's photgraphed a few friends of mine (engagements/weddings/after wedding bridal sessions) and her work is some of THE best I have ever seen.  You can find her on Facebook too.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I haven't booked or even had a face to face consultation with him yet, but I really recommend Steve Saldana (www.studiosaldana.com). He came VERY highly recommended to me from another friend. His pics are just amazing. He's a bit pricey on the wedding package, but he seems/sounds totally worth it so I think I might just book him regardless. Sweet deal though - his engagement session is only $300! From the information packet he sent me: Pricing: $300 Event Coverage: 2 Hours Photographers: One Primary Photographer Image Post-processing: Black & White, Sepia, Custom Cropping, Level Correction, Blemish Removal Online Gallery: Slideshow Format / Duration online: 1 year DVD: All FULL RESOLUTION Photographs
  • Options
    CostenbaderCostenbader member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you like the "photojournalist" style of photos, I highly recommend my photographer, Jud McCrehin.  He's a photo editor for USA Today, but does weddings and engagement photos as well.  I loved his style and loved working with him.His website is www.mccrehin.com
  • Options
    PressMePressMe member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I recommend Judah Avenue. She's reasonably priced and willing to work with you. I love my engagement pics. She even made layered pics, black and whites, and sepia toned. For my limited budget, I was quite excited. [url]judahavenue.com[/url]
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards