Texas-San Antonio
Options

Rant about Bridezilla Central Library thief

Okay..this rant may not seem like a worthy rant to any of ya'll but I am seriously annoyed and it's valid to me.First off, to better explain the situation, I live downtown. Southwest School of Art/Craft, the Library, and Baptist Medical are LITERALLY my backyard. That being said..I'm a regular at the library,everyone knows me there,etc.etc. (I'm a nerd sorry) The librarians in the periodicals/archives regularly put magazines aside for me and I come pick it up and turn everything in on time. I've been checking out the new bridal magazines that come for about six months now. I turn them in on time because I'm a conscientious person. CONSCIENTIOUS. So anyway...lately..someone else has been checking out the magazines too. That's all fine and dandy..libraries are for SHARING, right??? BUT..what's been peeving me is that everytime I get the magazines to check out there are pages ripped out, or the jerk waits like 3 weeks to turn the magazine in. Not only that but I spoke with one of the librarians I'm acquainted with and now she ways that the newest issues of Modern Bride are now missing. Because of whatever loser is stealing the magazines/ripping pages out they are now going to STOP all magazine borrowing at Central Library.Seriously..what kind of d-----bag does this???? I mean..I get borrowing the magazine because you don't want to buy a subscription. But if you like what the magazine has make a copy of the page or here's a thought...go buy the damn magazine. I do. WITH ALL THAT SAID....the above rant is indicative of a greater problem. I have met a few other brides who are also planning their weddings (luckily none are in my church group) and are seriously competitive,selfish weirdos. Ex 2. When we were at Michaels Crafts looking for glass vases in July some lady got ghetto with me because she wanted the same vases. WTF?? Calm down losers. At the Bridal show in June I met some straight up b's..some chick threw her baby in the air when she got called to do the bridal dig and everyone booed her b/c the baby started crying. These three examples are but a few that I have dealt with..I'm not going to even get started on the hater glares I've from other brides when they're waiting for their turn when waiting to meet with a vendor.What it is it about planning a wedding or getting married that turn people in to monsters? Seriously..this should be a joyous time. Remember ladies, we aren't the centers of the universe. Much love to the rest of ya'll who manage to keep together a semblance of dignity.

Re: Rant about Bridezilla Central Library thief

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I feel your pain (and I saw the woman throw her baby).  There are some awesome brides out there (and on this board) as well.  I met a girl who was planning a wedding at the same venue as me and using the same photographer as me only one month later.  We got to be great friends and shared decorations and exchanged help at each others weddings.  It was awesome. 
    Photobucket

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

William born 7/12/2000
    Andrew born 10/30/2011 (9lb 4oz at 37 weeks)
  • Options
    MBLoveMBLove member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Well that's just rude in general to be so disrespectful of property that does not belong to you and that you are borrowing! To top it off, the d-----bag as you call it (FI says girls cant be d-bags, I say they can) ruined it for you and everyone. What a biaatch. I'm slowly accepting that more people suck than don't suck in this world. I cannot believe some crazy woman THREW HER BABY! OMG! That is why I love the SA Knotties--no snarky bridezillas here! This board is a good reminder that not every woman planning a wedding is deranged and completely rude.
    Photobucket image
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    That's crazy. What I tend to do is go to the local bookstore and scope out the magazines there. If I like what I see I just buy it that way I don't deal with some snarky bride though you will see them in the store whining about something. I didn't get to see much of the nastiness at the fair in June but that was probably because I high tailed it after staying for like an hour. Crowds just bug me a lot.I hope the rest of the planning goes better and if anyone goes ghetto on you and I happen to be around trust me I can't keep my mouth shut ;) lol
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I hope she gets on here and reads this and gets a much needed reality check.I have about ten bridal magz laying around. Granted my pages are folded and some are missing, but if you want them I could meet you and drop them off. :) They will just eventually get thrown away...LOL
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I've checked out the magazines at Central too.  The articles I wanted to read were torn out.  I felt really violated, especially since I work at San Antonio Public Library and I'm in library school.  But A LOT of inconsiderate people come to the library, not just brides :P
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards