Indiana

Vendor Reviews

Here are my reviews for our vendors:Flowers; Martin's-I loved our flowers, I thought they came out great. I did a pink and red gerber daisy bouquet for me, all pink gerbers for the bridesmaids, boutinere's for the groomsmen and parents, flower petals for the tables and flowergirls and 3 gerber daisies for the cake and it came out to less than $600-we didn't have any flower arrangements or anything. They were very accommodating and very friendly when I talked to them on the phone. The only thing that could be a problem to some is that they don't deliver. Cake; "Cake" inside Within a Wing and a Prayer gift shop in Mishawaka; I was excited about our cake because we did a chocolate cake with chocolate frosting and I have to say I was dissapointed in it. I only ate the little piece that we fed to each other at the reception and I remember thinking it was very dry. I was talking to H about it afterwards and he said it kind of seemed like it was stale. They make beautiful cakes and my girlfriend got hers from there also and hers was good but ours was not that great! DJ; City Lights DJ in Granger-When we met with our DJ right before the wedding, we gave him a "do no play" list and he kind of gave us a hard time about it, he said some of the songs we had on that list are "what gets the crowd going" and "we'll regret our decision". So we weren't too sure what he would bring come wedding day, but he turned out to be great. He MC'd the whole reception-which was a big help b/c we did not have a wedding coordinator. He stuck to our do not play list-and people were still on the dance floor all night! We also had him do our ceremony music. We were planning on using an ipod but the more we thought about it, the more we didn't want to think about the logistics! We're very happy we had him for the ceremony too-he also provided a microphone for the pastor since our ceremony was outside. Photographer; Woods Photographic Arts-We have not seen our professional pictures yet but we were very happy with him. We did not have a must have list and I thought he came up with some good picture ideas. The thing I liked most about him was that he checked every picture for closed eyes and took them again if there were any. He also made sure to fnd the best spots for the best lighting (sun/shade). It was his idea for me and H to sneak out during the reception to take some sunset photos on the golf course. I thought the price was reasonable and we had him for 8 hours. His wife also assisted him on wedding day but he did not charge us extra. I can't wait to see the pictures!!Ceremony/Reception; Morris Park Country Club-the only bad thing I would say about MPCC is that the communication during the planning wasn't the greatest. Maybe part of that was b/c I was planning the wedding from across the country so maybe if I was there it would have been better. Our ceremony took place on the golf course in the gazebo. We went back and forth whether or not to decorate it and we finally decided not to. They had really pretty hanging plants and they said they could take them down for the wedding-but I told them to keep them there. They even painted the steps the night before. The girls got ready in the women's locker room and when we got there, they offered us some ice water and brought a tray full for us. They let us use a golfcart and my stepmom decorated it for us. The food was so good-a lot of people commented on how good it was! H and I had a sweatheart table and we had our own waiter. All the staff and bartender were really wonderful. If were were to do it again, we would have it at MPCC again!I got my dress from a bridal shop in CA and I loved them! Shoes-zappos, earings-evesaddiction.com, hair piece-etsy.com, veil-David's Bridal, and I don't remember the name of the place where I bought my garter-it was online somewhere! Hair-salon rouge and makeup at Clinique in the mall. I'm sure I am forgetting someone-but overall we were happy with our vendors and we would hire them all again-except maybe the cake!

Re: Vendor Reviews

• edited December 2011
    When I mentioned about decorating the gazebo, I meant to say that we didn't even notice if the plants were even there on wedding day-we were so caught up in the moment! That's kind of also why we decided not to decorate the gazebo, we figured why spend the extra money for only a 20 minute ceremony.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards