Delaware
Options

A Few Things, including a intro :-)

Hi DE brides!I am one of those random posters, and I felt that it is probably time that I type up a little intro before I ask for some more advice! (and continue to read posts from everyone else!)My name is Meg, my fiance is Bill.  I live in PA, but only about 10 minutes from Newark (UD area)  We are having our reception at White Clay Creek Country Club on June 26,2010.  I am a teacher so I wanted to have the wedding the end of June so I would not have to take off any time from work.  I a kindgergarten special ed. teacher, so I tend to refer to people, even adults as "friend" just out of habit, so if I ever say that, that's my excuse!As far as my wedding goes, reception at White Clay Creek, I have my photographer, narrowed it down to 2 wedding gowns (having an extreamly difficult time choosing!) My main stresser right now is picking a color scheme.  I thought I knew what I wanted, but since I have not ordered anything in any specific color, I find it to be all to easy to keep changing my mind! SO, I know picking a color scheme is a total personal choice, and should reflect the bride and groom, but anyone who is willing to give me some feedback, i would totally love it!  There are 3 color ideas I am struggling with,-Green and Pinkish-Purple-Shades of Purple-Icy Blue and a birght Pink (Sounds sort of baby showerish I know, but I saw a few pictures of this on the knot and I really like it)Like I said, I know it is ultimately up to me, but anybody who wants to vote on a color, go for it! I would so apprciate. Thanks ladies!

Re: A Few Things, including a intro :-)

• Options
    kasey12kasey12 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi Meghan! Welcome! I like all of the options....but think the Green & Pinkish Purple sounds really unique and cool, but what shade of green and how dark/deep will the pinkish purple be? I ask because you will probably want to keep in mind the summer season and not have anything too dark. The icy blue - I'm a fan of all things blue so that would so I'm sure that can be done very nicely! And shades of purple can be done soooooo exquisitely. There's a recent bride on here, Tonysgurl, who just came back from her wedding and she had a purple wedding that looks soooooo beautiful- she can give you mad advice if you go with that choice. HTH!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    It would definitely be a very light green, like honeydew, or pistachio
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hey Meg!  Welcome to the DE board :)I vote #2 - totally biased!  As Kasey said, I just had a purple/lavender wedding begining of the month  :)  I have a post a few down with a few pics, and if youd like to see more, you can add me on FB - tonysgurl020406 at yahoo dot com and you can see a few hundred pics :)  I even have alot of stuff that Im selling that might interest you (I havent even opened any boxes - so no idea whats left!)My second choice is #1
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi Meg! I just started at program at Wilmington University to get my Masters in Elementary Special Ed. My bachelors is in Psychology and I work in marketing so it's a total career change :) How long have you been teaching kindergarten special ed?
    ttc chart
    BFP 8/01/12, EDD 04/10/12, mm/c @ 6wks, discovered at 8wks, D&C 9/05/12
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I haven't been teaching very long, only my 2nd year! I graduated with a bachelors in early childhood and elementary education with a minor in special ed in 2008.  I got certified in all three areas (HIGHLY recommended to do that.) Last year was my 1st year and I was 2nd grade special ed. and I loved it, they switched me to kindergarten this year and I absolutely love kindergarten too! The way my school is set up is full inclusion, so I am based in a reg. ed. classroom and co-teach with a reg. ed. teacher.  I am still deciding what I want to get my masters in, I am thinking of going with speech therapy or occupational therapy, but I haven't been able to find a university in the area that has a maters program for either.
  • Options
    MrsJax09MrsJax09 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Pink and Green I love (again there is bias since I was pink and yellow with green accent. ;) )Welcome to the Delaware Board!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    lmicoluccilmicolucci member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats on your engagement and welcome to the DE board!  I like all your color choices.  I had this probably in the beginning, and the thing that helped me choose my colors was my favor boxes, of all things.  My boxes came with an apple red ribbon to tie around, so I settled on Red with accents of orange, green, and yellow (my bouquet). My BM gowns are red, my invitations are orange, and my favors are red.  even my programs are orange.  there's just a touch of green and yellow in other things.  My friend Erin is a elementary school teacher up near Oxford, and she specializes in special education.  I wonder if you are at the same school.  Good luck in your planning, and if you need any help or just to run ideas by, we are your gals!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congrats & Welcome to the Board!! I like Shades of Purple (my friend who is getting married next June is doing this) and Green and Pink. Which photographer did you choose?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the welcomes and input everyone!  I don't know if you know what you are getting yourselves into offering to help give advice with me! ;)I don't have an Erin (that I know anyway) at my school, BUT I am near Oxford, about 20 minutes. I used to live there actually. I work at Avon Grove Charter School.I am starting to look more toward the green and pink, maybe more of a raspberry than pink.  My photographer is Maura McConnell.  She is in Media, PA.  We really shopped around for a photographer, something we really wanted to be sure about before investing money and the moments of our wedding day!
  • Options
    MrsJax09MrsJax09 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That would be awesome to even include raspberries into your wedding!  With my cake from bings I had a lemon raspberry layer and it was SOOO GOOD!!!!!!Plus you can use them as fun accents in your reception. :D
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards