Maine
Options

*sigh* giving up on the band

Ok, my fi and finally decided that we just can't afford a good band.  BUMMER.  However, we can see how a DJ will be great as well, because they can play specific songs that a band might not.SO!  I'm on the hunt for a good dj.  I just emailed Jeff from Rockwell, but just in case he isn't available, any other suggestions?AND I'm still not sure about the whole rain location thing!  The farmer's almanac is not particularly helpful- July 8-11 severe thunderstorms, then fair- what am I supposed to do with that???
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: *sigh* giving up on the band

• Options
    JaimeMarieBJaimeMarieB member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    A band that I heard is good is the Blue Willow Band they play for five hours I believe for 1500 to 1800  (I can't remember the exact price).  DJ, George Cromwell was awesome at my wedding.  He was 1150 for six hours.  I posted his number on a post below some place.
  • Options
    chocolate321chocolate321 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    hi another great band we heard was really affordable was delta knights.   www.deltaknights.comgood luck !
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi All,I've already checked those out and WAY WAY more!  A DJ just fits way better into our budget.  Any suggestions for DJ's?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We’ve hired Mike Mahoney from M&M Entertainment, located in Scarboro. He is extremely nice, very professional, and came highly recommended from our venue. He is was less $ than 2 other DJs the venue recommended.Also, don't know what you were looking for in a band, but if it was just to play jazz standards, or music like that during your cocktail hour, all the U Maine System branches have ensembles. We're hiring one to play during our cocktail hour - the students are often "as good" as professionals, but considerably cheaper!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I loved my dj. Mike Davis of Mike Davis Entertainment. Just google Mike Davis Entertainment, Augusta, ME and you should find him. He was super affordable (I only paid $300, but that was with a huge discount since he knows my dad and stepmom). He came at 1:30 to set up and didn't leave until after 11pm. He was so nice and professional and he played awesome music. My dance floor was packed all night. :)
  • Options
    chocolate321chocolate321 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    hi just curious what did delta knights quote you ?  we thought 1800 was the price range.  is your wedding far from portland ? if it is maybe that's why it's more. ... good luck with the dj.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are using Double Platinum Celebrations, and would highly recommend them! [url]http://www.maineplatinumdj.com[/url] DJ Pat, the owner, and DJ Tom are both fabulous.As for the rain location -- I think it depends on your personality. If you're laid back, don't think you'll stress in the days leading up to the wedding about whether or not it's going to rain, and wouldn't mind a few sprinkles or handing out umbrellas, then I say forgo the backup location. Me, I know I'm not easygoing enough to not worry about the weather, so a rain location is important to me!If it's still on your mind, and it's causing you stress to think about, I say just book a rain location so you don't have to expend mental energy on it anymore. :)HTH!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    jd72878jd72878 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We used DJ Bob Wilson, and have recommended him to other brides who rave.  He did my cousin's wedding this past weekend and it was awesome reconnecting with him.  He and I did a lot of work together when I was in college, too.  Super fun, not cheesy, very professional... djbobwilson@yahoo.com   207-615-6004
    Our Abby Jean

BabyFruit Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards