Arizona-Phoenix
Options

Invitations?

Hi ladies, Just curious, how much are you spending on invitations? Where/who is doing them? We have met with a few vendors, and have a quote/design that we really like, but I'm curious as to whether or not this is reasonable pricing. We are looking at just over $1,000 for 133 invitations with response card, directions/map, reception card all addressed and put together. Is this reasonable? My fiance thinks so but I just want to make sure! TIA Sarah

Re: Invitations?

• Options
    katafie929katafie929 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I might not be much help. Because one of my BMs is a web designer so shes designing everything and then were ordering cards and pocketfolds online and putting them together our selves. Im not quite sure how much itll cost for all the paper and envelopes though. You could try a few places online or somewhere in phx to just get a quote and that could help you as well! good luck!
  • Options
    mresendezmresendez member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That is a lot more than I paid, but I made my own. I did a pocket fold with insert cards and a wax seal for $1.71 each. In fact, it would have been less expensive if I hadn't had so many mess ups on my paper order. (Note: don't buy your paper from clearbags.com. The paper was gorgeous but it took me several orders to get the right sizes) You have to decide if the work is worth the savings. I think it is a pretty reasonable price for an all-inclusive invitation (depending on the style you chose).
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies! I would LOVE to be super crafty and do them myself and save us money, but I am a little scared that it'll be obvious I did them myself, lol. I'm really torn. The May 10 brides have definitely voiced their opinions that this is kinda ridiculous...ugh, now I feel stupid! I'm going to check out the DIY info and maybe order some samples and see if I think i can do it, if not, I'll go with my fiance and forget the price. It is custom and does include everything, so I don't think it's a terrible price, and in case anyone asks, Kim from Polka Dot Moon is really AWESOME, I would highly recommend her. Thanks again!
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You can always go to Michaels or Hobby Lobby and get the packages they have of invites and print them out yourself and then add a few extra touches to make them more of your own
  • Options
    NillaWafer10NillaWafer10 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm ordering pocketfolds from cardsandpockets.com.  Everyone on the DIY board raves about the quality, and with just a little bit of inspiration, they can look amazing.  I am having mine professionally printed, because I don't want to deal with the printing headache.  I'm sorry, but I will say it.  $1,000 is rediculous unless they are made of crane paper, and they are all hand written by a caligrapher.  Even then, it seems crazy.  They are definitely ripping you off.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ok, so if you buy the stuff from cards and pockets, and have it professionally printed, who does that and how much is it? If it's still a lot less than $1K, I'm totally interested. I'm not SUPER confident in my home printer, so if there's somewhere I could take everything...that might help too. Let me know. Thanks =)
  • Options
    mresendezmresendez member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I ordered pocketfolds from cards and pockets and paper from elsewhere, then I took the paper to Americopy in Mesa, and AlphaGraphics (long story involving paper issues). I was happy with both places. I would suggest AlphaGraphics, since they use digital files and seem more concerned with precision. Mine turned out fabulous (if I say so myself!) and they cost 1/6 of your price.
  • Options
    NillaWafer10NillaWafer10 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I purchased all of my paper from cards and pockets.  Well, I plan to :) I just ordered 10 invitations to make sure that I like the look.  They have individual samples, but it is practically the same price as ordering 10.  I added a few color extras, and it was $1.63 per invitation.  Say you wanted to go super fancy, and it was $2.00 an invitation, that's less than $250 for all of your paper supplies.  Mresendez--do you have any tips for the pocketfolds?
    Photobucket
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    mal---do you have picts of your invites?? i havent started mine yet and im still trying to figure everything out! id love to see picts!
  • Options
    jacie127jacie127 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think $1000 is crazy unless you are getting letterpressed invitations! I received quotes from 3 custom companies (dauphinepress- letterpress and WAY too expensive, about $1500, nakdesigns.com- screen printed and completely custom designed- $475, momentaldesigns.com- printed then hand painted- $750). I was quoted on 125 invites, including invitation, map, response card/enveope- fully assembled.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards