Massachusetts-Cape Cod

Caterers Including Casual Gourmet

Hey, Wondering if anyone out there has used Casual Gourmet and could give any feedback.  Did you like them? How was the food, service, etc. How much did you end up spending on alcohol?  We want to have a full bar for 5 hrs (with Causal Gourmet you buy your own alcohol).   Also did any else have a cape caterer that they loved (or hated, i.e. we should stay away)?  We are still trying to select a caterer any feedback would be very much appreciated.  Many thanks for any info you can provide!

Re: Caterers Including Casual Gourmet

• acg5acg5 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey! We used Casual Gourmet and we loved them. We worked with Mary who was great. She was very professional and took your ideas and thoughts and made it happen. We also used them for our cake which was AWESOME and very convenient because they just brought it with them and they have someone who can fix the cake on staff so if something happens.We only had 155 at our wedding but we bought for 200 because our families are big Irish drinkers :) Mary gave us a list of what to buy and how much to buy. We spent around $2,500 on alcohol. We were able to return any unused alcohol but were stuck with beer and wine. We only had two cases left of beer and we had a bunch of white wine left over. (I thought more people would want white than red so that was my fault!) Anyway I definitely recommend them!! HTH!
  • acg5acg5 member
    edited December 2011
    ooh if you want to see any pictures of the buffet or staff or anything check out MRS link with my siggy! Good luck with your search
  • Soon2BaMrsDSoon2BaMrsD member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have a recommendation for a caterer to avoid. I'd be happy to discuss privately if you're interested in hearing about our experience (our wedding was this past weekend!).
  • edited December 2011
    I'm also interested in catering opinions. We are currently debating between Casual Gourmet and Terra Luna. Did you hear from SoonToBaMrsD about her experience? Did you get any other helpful hints?
  • emh777emh777 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I too am in the same boat - I am going to be choosing between The Chef's Table and Crazy Chefs. Casual Gourmet was going to be in our mix of options but when I got sample menus - I felt it was really hard to distinguish how much money I was going to actually be spending - and there was nothing about bar/alcohol options. That being said - they have a great reputation and I hear great things. If anyone has any opinions with the other two - let me know. My FI and I are going to fly from our home in LA to Mass in a couple of weeks to do a tasting. TIA.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    Soon2baMrsD,I can't figure out if it's possible to send a private message on here; therefore, could you possibly shoot me an email?I saw this and your other post on the Wellfleet wedding/caterers thread -- and wanted to chat with you about your experience.  I wanted to find out how things went with TL -- we were impressed with them initially, but are now having a difficult time getting any response from them (and it's coming to crunch time for us to make a decision as to whether we'll go for a Cape wedding and who we'll have cater it).Thanks so much!-Jenjbgifford @ gmail . com
    TTC since honeymoon in 9/2010
    Me: 38, Dx DOR (FSH = 10.5, AMH = 0.43, best AFC = 10), AMA
    MH: 37, Dx Obstructive Azoospermia, multiple successful sperm retrieval procedures

1/2012: IVF/ICSI #1 Antagonist = cancelled d/t poor response to max stims
    2/2012: IVF/ICSI #1.2 MDLF (4R, 4M, 1F) = BFP, saw heartbeat, missed m/c 9w0d, D&E
    8/2012: IVF/ICSI #2 EPP/MDLF (7R, 2M, 1F) = BFN

12/2012: (New RE) Operative hysteroscopy to remove scar tissue

1/2013:IVF/ICSI #3 Low-dose stim/Antagonist (AFC=6); ER=1/26 (5R-couldn't access rt ovary, 5M, 4F), ET=1/29 (trans 3) = BFP!; 2/11 beta#1(13dp3dt)=2127, 2/13=3367; u/s (2/18) = twins!;
    u/s #2 (3/1) = 2 strong hb's

PAIF/SAIF very welcome!
  • Soon2BaMrsDSoon2BaMrsD member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    joules12, I sent you an email!
  • edited December 2011
    Soon2BaMrsD, Could you email me too about TL? megsreidy@gmail.com Thanks
  • acg5acg5 member
    edited December 2011
    With Casual Gourmet we made our own menu because there was not one that  stood out and they were very accommodating to us. We asked if they could give us an estimate as well and my husband crunched the numbers. It can be pretty reasonable and they are willing to work with you to help be budget friendly.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards