Massachusetts-Boston
Options

Beautiful but low key inexpensive venue ideas

Hello~
I am so happy I joined this site as a suggestion from a girlfriend! I am newly engaged and already being asked daily when's the wedding and where. I've been looking online a ton but things seem pretty confusing. I think I would like to have it in the spring/summer of 2012 but could also do winter of 2011. I would like maybe outside? maybe barn? barn with a garden? Am totally up for doing a bunch of DIY stuff, I think I'm pretty creative and my mom is an artist. I still want some elegance to the wedding but envision more white christmas lights and that sort of thing. I would love to keep everything under $10k but could maybe go up to $15k. I am also thinking of somewhere that I can have a caterer to do bbq or something like that as I'm not into the filet or chicken thing. All that being said I am open and would love any suggestions anyone can give me.  Thank you so much!!

Re: Beautiful but low key inexpensive venue ideas

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Also wanted to add we would like to invite about 100-120 people, no more than that. And we can travel a little, live in Boston but willing to go I think an hour whichever way.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I went to a beautiful winter wedding out at the Publik House in Sturbridge, MA, not sure if that's too far off for you or not. I believe they had good winter rates.

As far as a barn, Brooksby Farm in Peabody, MA looks beauuuutiful from the website,  although I have not seen it yet.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    It sounds like you're looking for something outside the city, but if you would consider Boston I would definitely recommend The College Club of Boston (http://www.thecollegeclubofboston.com/function.htm) where I got married on Commonwealth Ave. It's a victorian brownstone (pics in the link to my blog below) and the food is in-house. It holds a max of 100 people, and would be under your budget. It's a beautiful building and the Public Garden is steps down the street for pictures. Let me know if you want any more info!
  • Options
    RoyalOrientRoyalOrient member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Bittersweet Farm, Wesport MA - rustic, barn setting

Independence Harbor, Freetown MA - beautiful garden estate

very reasonable prices!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am going to look at all of these. Thank you so much for the ideas!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards