New Jersey - South
Options

Southern Mansion, Cape May NJ?

Has anyone had any experience with the Southern Mansion in Cape May? I am considering it for my wedding.  Also, if anyone else has any other suggestions... I'm having a small wedding (50-60 people). Looking for a place that has a nice outdoors area for the ceremony and cocktail hour. Something different that the traditional wedding reception place. A bonus would be if it has overnight accomodations!

Re: Southern Mansion, Cape May NJ?

• Options
    cmaygrlcmaygrl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hello, I am also having a small intimate wedding (pretty much just family & a few close friends) in Cape May.  We are having our ceremony on the beach and reception at Union Park Restaurant (Howard & Beach Ave).  Hotel Maccomber is above the restaurant.  Both places are very reasonable w/their prices.  There are sooo many b&b's that are able to hold both your ceremony (but watch out ---some facilities charge an extra fee for ceremony) & reception. Go to "capemay.com" and hit "weddings". Also, look at "The Inn of Cape May" -- that was our close 2nd.  We also looked at "The Grande Hotel", "Peter Shields" OMG-- Peter Shields would be absolutely beautiful place for your pictures!!  You have to check it out.  All were very nice, but too pricey for us. It's nice to see another Cape May bride-to-be.When is your Wedding?
  • Options
    tbrose16tbrose16 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the info. We just got engaged and are looking for a May-Sept 2010 wedding. We're only having immedediate family and close friends too. We're not limited to the Cape May area (we're open to really anywhere in NJ or NY as we're from Northern NJ) but we went to Cape May for the day and loved the atmosphere there! I'm going to check out the places you suggested!
  • Options
    cmaygrlcmaygrl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree.. Cape May has a great atmosphere, and there are so many options for you to choose from. I hope you end up getting married in Cape May.:)  We are having a May 2010 Wedding.  Not to pass time away, but I can't wait! Good luck w/your plans!!
  • Options
    larmoserlarmoser member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    the washington inn holds up to people and i think is around $100 pp. and the food is AMAZING!
    Photobucket

Lauren & Dave
    wedding website
    Photobucket
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    larmoserlarmoser member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    sorry *up to 70 people the southern mansion is beautiful tho
    Photobucket

Lauren & Dave