Outdoor Weddings

50 chairs enough for ceremony?

Hi there. My wedding is this Sat and I was only going to have 50 chairs for the guests because it is only a 15 minute ceremony if that. My boss said that it was rude not to have chairs for all 133 guests! What do I do?
ME:44 MH:42 DE IVF 2013
image Matrix image Ollie

Re: 50 chairs enough for ceremony?

• You need chairs for everyone or no one. I would go with chairs because while the ceremony is only 15 min, many people will arrive 15-20 min early (if not more). Now they are standing for 30+ min.  
  • Thanks girls. I guess I forgot some will be arriving early. I just thought they could of waited inside the reception hall then come out.
    ME:44 MH:42 DE IVF 2013
    image Matrix image Ollie
  • You should definitely have a chair for everyone.
  • I thought like you, my mom thought like the other posters. :) She also pointed out that it could be awkward to have a seat for, say, my elderly great-aunt, but not for the great-aunt's daughter, who is perfectly capable of standing but will be accompanying her mother. So I guess chairs it is.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Matt & Kelly
    Anniversary
  • Please have chairs for everyone.  FBIL got married a few weeks ago and they didn't provide enough chairs.  It was very confusing.  No one knew who was 'special' enough to get so sit, so many chairs went unused and people complained later.  They'll be there before the ceremony starts, through the processional, the ceremony, the recessional, etc.  It may only be 15 minutes for you, but that might be 45 minutes for your guests.  Please get chairs.
    DIY & Planning | Married 

Married: 2010
    Mom to J: 2011
    Mom to H: 2014

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Dresses may be easier to take in than let out, but guest lists are not. -- kate51485
  • Definitely have chairs for every butt.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards