Georgia-Atlanta
Options

Som great Athens vendors

DD wedding was a few weeks ago.  Several of her vendors were outstanding, so I wanted to post their names to recognize their great efforts.Venue- The Georgia Club in Statham...simply outstanding.  Brooke Talon was a godsend as a coordinator.  Truly worth a rave.Cermony musicians: The Musicsmiths, a husband and wife team and fantastic guitar and flute players, respectively.  A great sound, reliable, well priced.  Highly recommend them.Florist-Becky Kim at Gardenia Floral.  Went above and beyond to make some last minute adjustments and also did a late night pick up of vases and rental items.Photographer-Photography by Shannon.  Skillled, creative, easy to work with...just can't imagine anyone better.  She and her fiancee work together to get extra coverage.Back When Carriage Rides.  Joe the owner was awesome and the carriage beautiful.  It was a great surprise for the bride....a real joy!Hair-Sherry Murphy out of Jefferson.  Wonderful job!Makeup-Kat Flynt.  Professional job, all looked lovely and she did some quick makeup teaching as she went! Pearls Place- Used for brides gown and for bridesmaids.  Great prices and great services.  All dresses arrived early.The Colonels-A great b and b we rented for the bride's family.  Fantastic house and grounds and great hosts.Rexcraft-Fine internet vendor if you want standard invites..arrived on time and perfect.  Great prices.Paperandmore.com-great site for beautiful paper, fast service, reliable.Kinkos...multiple locations...wonderful help with creating personlized items.jkmribbonsandtrims.com-great site for large volume of ribbon at great prices.  (We bought 60 yds of ribbon on a single roll...very cost effective)The not so good: We were not as pleased with the reception musicians, the rental vendor and cake baker.  If you want to hear more about these, post and I will get back to you.

Re: Som great Athens vendors

• Options
    musgral8musgral8 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Great to hear! I am getting married in Athens in January - I am using Gardenia and Shannon Wright. We just got our E pics back and love them. How much did Sherry Murphy charge for doing hair? I'm looking for someone for my wedding and would be interested to hear a little more about her. You can email me at ashley.musgrove@me.com.
  • Options
    kt&pkt&p member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    This is sooo good to hear. I am getting married at the GA Club in May and could not be happier with Brooke. Shes truly Great! I would be interested to hear what was not so good since I am getting married at the same location. Thanks!
  • Options
    evareneeevarenee member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yeah!! I am getting married at this Saturday in Athens! :D
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Glad the wedding went well I second Brooke at the Georgia Club - she is amazing! And so incredibly cute too - all of my bridesmaids said if something happened to them, they wanted her to stand in at the wedding because she is so adorable. Did you use Chef Steph as your cake baker? We had some issues with her as well, so I'd be interested to hear what happened with you. If any other Athens brides are looking for a florist, we used Maggie at European Floral Designs and couldn't be happier. I didn't see her the whole day but she had everything exactly where it needed to be and was even available to make some last minute arrangements that I decided I wanted. Ashley, Jenn Wirth at City Salon did my hair and someon there did my makeup as well. They were both fantastic. I have her personal e-mail if you are interested in talking with her.
  • Options
    Debra MaloneDebra Malone member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My daughter is getting married at The Georgia Club next Spring.  We have also been pleased with Brooke, the Events Coordinator.  Like you, my daughter is using Gardenia Floral Designs.  The only vendor she has not decided on is the cake baker.  You mentioned that you were not pleased with the cake baker you chose.  Would you please contact me and let me know who you used and what problems you encountered?  Thank you in advance for any help you can give us.  You can contact me at kaymalone@ymail.com.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards