Massachusetts-Cape Cod

**awillis13**

Thanks again for your florist recommendation -- I just caught that you were looking at Cape Cod Cakes for your baker when you first met Karen.  What did you think of the cakes?  We're tempted to go with both Karen and Julie but haven't met Julie yet, so I was curious to hear of your experience.  TIA!

Runaway Bride - Catch me if you can!
photo by Scott Metzger
kikijbird ~ Erica (aka Kiki) & Paul ~ 24 April 2010
The JBirds Bio ~ Updated 03.02.10 - Invites!

Anniversary

Re: **awillis13**

• edited December 2011
    Her cakes were very good, heavier than most others (they seem MORE homemade than most bakers).  We were down to Julie and casual gourmet, I liked both but my fiancee prefered casual gourmet so we went with them.  She was very nice though, and has some creative cake designs.  She is also very reasonably priced (it was going to be about $100 less to go with Julie, but I couldn't convince FI to change his mind).
  • edited December 2011
    Mmmm... sounds good! Did you think the cake was heavier in a good way? Looks like we will be sampling Julie's cakes during our next visit to the Cape in a couple of weeks. We've already decided to go with Karen from Petals by the Sea. She's been terrific, and I'm really excited about the vision she's created for our flowers! Thanks again!

photo by Scott Metzger

Anniversary

• edited December 2011
    It definitely wasn't a bad heavy, very moist which makes it more dense than others - to me it tasted more home-made than others, but the cake wasn't as important to me as it was to FI so I let him have the final decision - I think part of his decision was that we were only able to taste a chocolate and a marble cake - neither of which he really wanted.   It was still a delicious cake!
  • edited December 2011
    A dense, moist cake does sound really good! mmmm... all this talk about cake is making me hungry for some!

photo by Scott Metzger

Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards