Getting in Shape
Options

What's going on in your life right now?

So, how is everyone doing? What's been going on? Post something that is completely NGISR or WR. Anything other than the usual talk. =)
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: What's going on in your life right now?

• Options
    For me, N has been traveling so much for work, I never get to see him. We live together, but he's always gone. He's been gone for 3 weeks now, and I was told he probably won't be home for another 2 weeks. Then he'll be home for 2 days, and gone again. I shouldn't complain because it could be worse like if he was in the military, but ugh. I miss him so much. Plus he worked 173 hours in two weeks, and I'm afraid he's going to get sick. On a happy note, I've been feeling really crafty lately, so I'm going to go to Hobby Lobby or something and pick out something fun to make! Girls night tonight, so that should be a blast!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I'm currently applying to the University of Maryland's PhD program....the application process has taken over my life this week, and I'll be glad when it's all over.
    *Jeremiah 29:11* SoyFreeBlog
  • Options
    Codi-I totally understand with FI being away.  My FI was gone most of the summer and it just sucks.  I was so lonely.  Of course, it could definitely be worse, he wasn't gone for a year like in the military, but he was working WAY too much and got sick a couple of times because of it.Right now I'm working on getting a paper published.  To graduate I have to have at least 2 first author papers (when your name is put first, it means you wrote it and did most of the work).  This is number two.  I'm on the final haul to graduate in May.  I'm starting to worry about finding a post-doctoral fellowship, because I need to stay in the same city for FI's job.  Entering the real world is scary... and also bizarre to be doing this at 26 rather then 18 or 22...
  • Options
    I found out yesterday that I might get moved to another project at work. This could be a good thing because honestly, after a year of doing the same thing, another department might be nice for a change!  I'd also be happy enough staying where I am because other people are leaving, so my role is probably going to be changed up a little anyway.I'm also applying for nursing school.  I want to get my RN at a BS level first (I have a BS in biology so I can do an accelerated 2nd degree program), then work in a hospital for a few years while I decide if I want to be a nurse practitioner or nurse anesthetist. 
  • Options
    FI and I are going back to MI next weekend to go tailgating with all my friends for MSU/U of M game, super excited, I haven't seen them all in a long time. The weekend after that giong to NY to see his family, not so excited for that haha but it will be fine. I am glad fall is finally here it was 75 in Texas last night and I was loving it! Work is getting pretty ridiculous, my boss doesn't think anyone should take the 9/80 friday off which is mgmt directive and that I should take any vaca days....oh well is my strategy for now :) He is a crabby man!!
  • Options
    I've had a rough couple of weeks. FI and I just bought a house which is SO great and I love it so so much, but my commute is about 1 1/2 hours. I am up at 5:20 to be able to get a parking spot at the train, take the train in (50 mins) then walk (15 mins) to work. Work has been stressful because I want to do more but boss isn't letting me and everything is taking a toll on poor FI because by the time i get home at 6 i am in a horrible mood and so tired. i don't want to cook (which i LOVE) and I don't want to work out either. On top of it I am trying to plan a wedding, have 200 hours of an internship to complete, and am taking 2 classes. one of which is accounting and I never took accounting but figured it would be a good thing to have under my belt if i ever want to have a good leadership role! (i was a history major!!! i don't do numbers and math very well!) phew. anyways...that's what's going on in my life...
  • Options
    We found out recently that DH needed to take a day off work or he would lose it at the end of the year so we were planning on taking a 3 day trip to Idaho, but then DH decided he wanted to go to Hawaii so he can snorkel and drink silly drinks out of pineapples and coconuts since he didn't get to do either on our honeymoon (he's silly)Anyways, we found great prices on flights ($317 round trip through Delta/Northwest) and got a great deal on a 4 star hotel through priceline and now our 3 day trip to Idaho has turned into a 5 day trip to Hawaii!!! We leave in two weeks.  I am so excited and cannot wait!!
    IMG_2788

2/20/2011
  • Options
    Krisdi- where are you going in Hawaii?  FI and I spent two weeks in Maui (one week on the east side, one on the west and it was one of the BEST trips I have ever taken).  Have a great time!!One week until my wedding!  FI had a second bachelor party with some guys at work last night- I was a little jealous b/c I work with all old people and never have happy hours or fun after work things.  But, I wrote almost 20 thank you notes while watching Grey's and was happy as a clam!Other than that, we just have last-minute wedding stuff to deal with this weekend! 
  • Options
    I start school on Tuesday and FI wants me to find a job. I am not so sure I want to work while going to school full time.
    PhotobucketAnniversary Holiday
  • Options
    spainerk - We are going to Oahu - staying in the Waikiki marina area.  I think I am extra excited because it wasn't planned that we were going to go anywhere else this year and it will be a nice unexpected break.
    IMG_2788

2/20/2011
  • Options
    I've been crazy busy at work lately. My company got some press last week and resulted in a ton of orders, which is great, but something I'm not really used to. I was working 12-14 hour days last week (I don't have any employees so I was doing it all myself). I've been really stressed out and now I'm dealing with the worst PMS ever! But next week is the 2 year anniversary of my business, and it's still around, so I'm really proud of that. I would just love a day off!
  • Options
    work is nuts here, too.  i work at a small non-profit that does after school programs for at-risk youth, and the programs i coordinate are starting up in 2 weeks.  it's been crazy, trying to get everything ready and finish up all the training of volunteers and such.dh has been sick nearly every weekend this month.  poor guy.  i was really looking forward to trying a new restaurant in the city tonight, but i guess that won't be happening.dh and i are thinking about moving next year.  we don't know where yet, but he's starting to look at new jobs in new cities.  it's exciting, but kind of scary, too, with how terrible the job market is these days.
  • Options
    Chicago - what do you sell? Kati - I saw your new siggy pic and was thinking - that girl looks like kati.  Then I remembered that you changed your SN.  Duh!  Cute pic, btw.
  • Options
    Right now, I am feeling very close to getting a job after 8 months of searching. Food Journaling is going good as I am staying within my calories and not gaining weight. On a sad note, my car has been broke for the last week but hopefully this weekend I can get it fixed because sharing a car with H can work but it will be hard.
  • Options
    I'm in my last semester of nursing school!! In Dec. I will graduate with my Bachelor's. Right now I have class 4 days a week. In a month I will be done with classes and start a clinical internship in which I "work" (not paid) with an RN for 26 hours a week. I also am working around 12 hrs a week at a hospital. But I am so excited, will graduate in December, get married in January and start a new job in February!
  • Options
    It's such a small world.. I can't believe that, of the people who responded to this thread, 1 is applying to my current grad school and 1 is going back to my undergrad for the homecoming game :-)
  • Options
    I'm on school holidays! YAY! I just got a new car and I may be getting a promotion :)
  • Options
    joesgurl - haha thanks!  maybe i'll keep signing my posts for a little while, till people get used to the new sn...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards