New York-Upstate

Fingerlakes Wedding

My dream wedding is outside at one of the wineries in the finger lakes in the fall.  Does anyone have any suggestions or has anyone been to one in this type of location?

Re: Fingerlakes Wedding

• kimjasonokimjasono member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Six Mile Creek Vineyard in Ithaca is gorgeous. That WAS my dream wedding, just out of our budget after the tent rental/catering/etc. Look into it, talk to Allison, she's great!! I wish we could have had ours there!
  • edited December 2011
    I'm having my dream fingerlakes fall wedding in three weeks!!  There is also a new Winery Wedding board too, check it out on the theme boards.  There are several places you can choose.  We are getting married at Belhurst Castle in Geneva.  Other options are Casa Larga in Victor (outside Rochester), Heron Hill (by far BEST view ever, amazing!), Glenora has a tent you can rent, not too sure on any of the specifics, we didn't check them out.  Ventosa is AWESOME, but too expensive for us.There is also a winery wedding fingerlakes website, check it out here at fingerlakesweddings dot com, and stayfingerlakes dot com.  Good Luck and if you need any more help, feel free to contact me!
    -- Check out my planning page: http://sites.google.com/site/flanshanwedding/ Introducing Dragonfly Designs & Events Specializing in custom invitations, stationery & event planning for all of life's special moments! Check us out on the web: www.designedbydragonfly.com
  • edited December 2011
    Our wedding was too big for many of the wineries so we went with a historic inn in the fingerlakes. It sat right on the lake and still had the right feel. I have some pics in my bio but can give you more if interested.
  • tatiana1126tatiana1126 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Check out Anyela's Vineyard in Skaneateles.  We had our wedding there and it was beautiful.  It doesn't suit everyone because it is on the smaller side but it worked for us and was very budget friendly compared to many others. 
  • BelhurstBrideBelhurstBride member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Check out Ventosa, Miles (you have to bring in everything), Three Brothers, Wagners, Logan Ridge, Sheldrake Point, Glenora, Anthony Road... that's all I can think of off the top of my head.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • edited December 2011
    Other ones not mentioned, Knapp winery (awesome restaurant) and Fox Run.Just check out the fingerlakes wine trail website for other suggestions.
  • BelhurstBrideBelhurstBride member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Unless Fox Run has started allowing people to put up tents out behind the winery (which is a possibility) they can only accommodate 30 people for any event.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks to all the replyed.  We will be trying to keep it small and with in a tight budget so I will be checking out Anyela's, the pictures there look beautiful.  I know the people from Anthony Roads are very good people and Atwater is a lot of fun, so those are also on my list.  Someone else told me Bully Hill is fun, but I'm not in love with thier wine.  I will be happy to take any tips on making this dream come true, also we live in Albany so we will be traveling in and are unfamiliar with the area.
  • edited December 2011
    Casa Larga (Victor, NY) has a great reputation and is pretty budget friendly especially if you decide to go with a Friday or Sunday.  We didn't want a friday (and that's all they had for around our date) but we looked there since my family is from Rochester and I think it was around $50/pp suprisingly low for their amazing reputation, and I believe to hold the cermony there was $2.50/pp.  That inculdes cocktail hour and open bar.And if I remember correctly there was not a minimum for Firday or Sunday which a lot of places have.Good Luck!
  • edited December 2011
    We got married at Wagner on Seneca last July.  There are lots of pics in my bio, and links to lots of vendors and reviews. 
    July 19, 2008

My Food Blog

• jennsheppyjennsheppy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're getting married outside at Glenora in May. It's gorgeous, small, the staff is incredible, and it's great because it's a winery and an inn with 30 rooms for the guests.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards