Wedding Customs & Traditions Forum
Options

Wedding Location??

Is it ok to have the wedding where my parents live even if we live out of state??? Wedding costs, travel costs for guests, and convience would all benefit if we decided to hold the wedding in Dallas instead of our small town in Louisiana. My family would be traveling from across the nation to attend and his family is all local in LA, though it is a workable weekend trip.

Re: Wedding Location??

• Options
    You can have your wedding wherever you would like to have it. I am from the West Coast, my fiance is from the East Coast, we live in the midwest. Our wedding is on the West Coast. No matter where you have it someone will have to travel. Do what is convenient for you!
  • Options
    I live in Scotland, my fiance lives in England, and we're getting married in Virginia.  The only people who WON'T be traveling to our wedding are my parents since they still live in my hometown.   Some people will be driving 2-3 hours, lots coming from Florida, and I even have friends stationed in Korea flying in for the wedding.  

So yeah, plan it wherever you want.  Some people might not be able to travel, but you can help them out by sending out save-the-dates 6-9 months before the wedding so they can start saving money and get time off from work.
    DSC_9275
  • Options
    You can have your wedding wherever you want.  H and I got married in Ireland and we're from Central Canada (although we didn't have guests at our wedding).  We hired a wedding planner and did everything threw her or online.  It's definitely a little overwhelming and sometimes frustrating when you can't just go down a talk to a vendor in person but if your dream wedding is in Dallas then it will be worth it. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We live in Oregon but I am from California. We are going to have the wedding in my home town. I think you should do what you want and the important people will get there.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks for all the support. Now to show these to R and tell him that 4 hrs isn't too bad for a weekend no one will forget!
  • Options
    That's what we're doing. We live in Chicago, but are having our wedding my hometown, which is about 6 hours away. My advice though, make sure one of your parents or a friend or someone is able to be a go to person at home. My mom's been that person, and while I've done all of the research and decision making, she's been able to help out with vendors, since we can only come into town every so often. You can do it without someone like that, but it does relieve some stress. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards