Wedding Party

Chocolate brown BM dresses

I just read a post on P&E about how some chocolate brown BM dresses look deep purple when they come in.  OP got the dresses from David's and when she asked them about the discrepancy they told her certain fabrics make the Truffle color look purple-ish.My girls will be chosing their own chocolate brown dresses.  I don't care what line they chose them from, I don't care what style they choose, I don't care if the fabrics are the same.  Heck, I don't even care if they come from a department store.  I was just wondering if any of you had your girls in chocolate brown and which lines/fabrics actually came in the color it was supposed to (or in the alternative, if they came in purpleish, which lines/fabrics should I tell the girls to avoid), just so I can point them in the right direction when they start looking.  TIA!

Re: Chocolate brown BM dresses

• My bms dresses were Bill Levkoff in European Sable which is a chocolate color. Pic in bio it you want to see. They were not the slightest bit of purple.
  • My guess would be to avoid David's. I've never seen a purpely chocolate brown dress.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • My BMs came with me to David's Bridal to look at BM dresses. My MOH did try on a truffle dress and it did have a purplish tint to it. It actually looked quite pretty, but that is just my personal opinion. So as PP said, avoid DB if you do not want a purplish tint - more specifically, avoid the 'truffle' color. I should also mention that the fabric was satin. I am not sure if truffle would look different in another fabric. I believe the style of the dress at DB was 81123 if you want to go view it online in the truffle color and see if you feel it looks purple at all. Hope that helps some! Good luck :)
  • My BM dresses are chocolate brown as well. I found mine at Alfred Anagleo and they are very pretty. I did not have a problem with them looking purple. I did go to DB to look for the chocolate dresses and I found a huge diffrence in color. I didnt like them. But its up to you on what you like but best of luck to :)
  • I had a wedding party exactly like yours - I told everyone to pick out a dark chocolate brown dress (I didnt care where it came from, or what style). 3 girls picked styles from DB - none of them looked purple, the other 4 wore Dept Store dresses - all of them looked fabulous and the difference in color was minimal across the board. Everyone said how unique they looked - I wouldnt sweat it too much if I were you...One word of warning - start having them look for dresses now! Choc Brown outside of the bridal shops (in dept stores) - turned out to be a difficult color to find appropriate dresses in!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards