Ohio-Toledo

Advice?!?!

Ok...So I originally picked 7-23-2011 for our wedding date, but now I kinda want to change it to a couple weeks earlier...7-9-2011...FI doesn't care what I do, but I'm the type of person even for something as little as this needs advice.  I'm sure I'm being paranoid, but our wedding is going to be outside and it always seems to rain like the end of July, so I thought I'd make it earlier...But then I thought what if I change it and it rains on the 9th and the 23rd is beautiful...I would be sooo upset!  So I say don't change it because I think it tends to rain more in the end of July, but now I kinda rather it be the 9th...What should I do girls?!?! I know I need to make up my mind soon because I need to change it with the Zoo.  I'm sure I'm making a big deal out of nothing I mean it is only a difference of 2 weeks, but thats just me I over think EVERYTHING!

Re: Advice?!?!

• nyreknyrek member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Here's what you do: #1: Close your eyes. #2: Take a breath. Seriously...breathe. You've got a LOT of time. I was able to book my date with the zoo for less than a year away...if you need to change dates, I'm sure they'll work with you. Go with the date you want. If it rains...they have the theatre. It's called a backup plan, and the zoo has you covered. You do need to consider that not only do we get more rain towards the end of July, it's also significantly warmer. An earlier date may offer a little relief from a hot humid ceremony and reception...but if there's a reason you originally picked 7/23...then go for it. Good luck...and remember to breathe. It helps. ;)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Vacation tickers
  • edited December 2011
    First of all, what made you pick 7-23-2011? There's always an initial reason for picking a date. I kept with 8-7-2010 even after a few people tried to get me to change it because it just became "my day" in my head as soon as my fiance and I picked it! But if there's no significance to that day, then I would consider switching it to 7-9-2011 because I agree that it MAY be less hot! (But no guarantees!) Plus, I personally like the date because of the odd numbers, 7,9,11! Haha! But as far as rain, don't stress about it. Remember what is really important...marrying the man you love and spending the rest of your life with him! You'll have plenty of sunny days together!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards