New Hampshire
Options

Georgetown County Club

When I booked my venue a month ago, I was strongly considering Georgetown Country Club. Well good thing I didn't, they went bankrupt with 10 million in debt and shut down. How could they seriously try to book me when a month later this happenes? Sorry, just needed to vent

Re: Georgetown County Club

• Options
    edited December 2011
    This has been on the news and a topic of many other posts on here all week. Unfortunately when people don't pay their bills this is what happens. From what I've heard it sounds like most of the staff was unaware of the situation, that is why they continued to book functions.  Be grateful you don't have to worry about this affecting your plans.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    They cashed my $1000 deposit 4 days before they went bankrupt!!!!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    OH NO! I delivered a cake there last Fall and thought the place was FANTASTIC. Very classy. I'm really sad to hear the bad news.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    staysee- I cant believe they cashed it 4 day before filing!! I've had them booked since last Nov.....I can't believe what has happened, but I really think none of the staff knew except the higher uppers...
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    seriously? What about us brides that they DID book and DID take our money. I am out THOUSANDS. So be grateful and you have nothing to vent about. Us brides that DID book there and DID loose money are the ones that get to vent. Try re-planning a wedding for 150 + people with 1/3 of your budget, because that is what I am left trying to do.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am so sad to hear what happened to you ladies. Perhaps you could save a little money with a couple modifications. Silk flowers if done right look real in all the photos, last forever and cost a lot less. #2 Buy a sheet cake at the grocery store and put it in the kitchen then rent a real looking plastic cake from a rental center. The guests will never know! Those two ideas alone could save you well over $1000!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards