Wedding Cakes & Food Forum

Pleated Wedding Cake (PIP)

So The 1st pic is the look that I want for my cake and the 2nd is what my baker did for a sample WDYT? I won't have the roses on top just my blinged out cake topper and rhinestone trim around the bottom.[img]http://i33.tinypic.com/xol087.jpg[/img][img]http://i35.tinypic.com/15zql46.jpg[/img]

Re: Pleated Wedding Cake (PIP)

• edited December 2011
    looks good to me. first time actually seeing a cake like that. it's cool
  • kmmssgkmmssg mod
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    In all honesty, I think they missed the mark.  The pleating on the big cake points to the center of the cake.  the pleating on the right goes to the left, the pleating on the left goes to the right and their is a definite "center" to each layer. the sample cake is pretty, but it is not what you gave them in the picture.  The design that defines the center of each tier is missing and all the pleats go in the same direction.What matters is are YOU happy with it?
  • edited December 2011
    Kmmssg- I totally agree with you. This is the 3rd baker that attepmted this cake that came the closest to the design. When we sit down to finalize everything I will point that out and hope they get it right for the wedding. But if not I am cool with the design they did. Thanks for your honesty:)
  • kmmssgkmmssg mod
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    I think you have the right outlook here.  If you like the cake they made and you can put a picture of that beside the picture of the other one to show them what you are looking for as far as changing what they have done, you have done what you can do. A wedding cake isn't worth getting upset (unless you get that plaid cakewreck think that goes around the internet!)  Best of luck.
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you :)
  • edited December 2011
    I hope they are able to get it right for you. The cake in the big picture is fantastic! I love that it is stunning but still elegant, you have great taste. Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards