Snarky Brides
Options

Car's growing up too fast

so Car's mom just emailed me today with more about his "girlfriend" and his "affection" and whatnot for her.I am about to email her back . . . is this "too" mean?that's nice that Rafe has a little friend . . . but can we stop talking about her being his "girlfriend" or that he will be begging to have the ladies on him in a few years?  LOL  he is a baby.  I just can't pair anything girlfriendy or sex-y with a baby.  it just doesn't compute.I realize that many of you would be willing to say this in a manner that would even be meanER, but please evaluate it based on the fact that she is my friend and I am not trying to cause any rifts, just stop the talk that's making me uncomfortable.  maybe I should be more joke-sy? any ideas?

Re: Car's growing up too fast

• Options
    I'm non-confrontationy so I'd probably say the same thing. Something like "Ha! That's cute. But no more of this baby relationship talk. It's gonna give me the heebie-jeebies. Rafe and this girl baby will just have to keep it strictly platonic until they're at least 5. Tell him Aunt Tasty said he's too young for all that."
  • Options
    Maybe like "Lalalalalalalalalalaalaaa...I can't even imagine this sweet little baby as a horny teenager."
  • Options
    When you're a mother, you'll understand.That response sounds perfectly gentle and rational to me.  I imagine she'll completely freak out over it regardless.  Have you considered giving her the Eyeroll of Doom (TM Tastyburger 2006)?
    "That chick wins at Penises, for sure." -- Fenton
  • Options
    don't think any of those suggestions are over the top or offensive.
  • Options
    eyeroll of doom!  I can pair it with the kneeslap of disgust (TM Mr. Burger who made a comment the other day that he hasn't gotten to see the KSoD for a while).I changed it to this:that's nice that Rafe has a little friend . . . but please tell him Aunt Clarissa says he's waaaaaaaaaaaaay too young to even be THINKING girlfriend and that she'll lock him up until he's 30 if he doesn't stop.   LOLas it is less confrontational and accusatory.  Also, I actually typed "Aunt Tasty" as I like to follow suggestions to the letter and then realized that it would make absolutely no sense to her and changed it right before I hit "send".
  • Options
    I imagine she'll completely freak out over it regardless.I have to agree with Cali here.  I like what you wrote but if you want to be more jokey, Christin's is good too.  Either way, I think you're going to have a pissed off crazy lady on your hands.

The nerve!
    House | Blog
  • Options
    I think she will freak out either way. Furthermore, I think if you make it sounds jokey and light, she will think you are playing along and feel justified in continuing.
  • Options
    [i]that's nice that Rafe has a little friend . . . but please tell him Aunt Clarissa says he's waaaaaaaaaaaaay too young to even be THINKING girlfriend and that she'll lock him up until he's 30 if he doesn't stop. LOL[/i] I honestly don't think she will infer from this that you are actually bothered by it. It might be a bit too jokey.
  • Options
    That's weird. I'd stick with the first response.
  • Options
    I almost think that plays into the game. And holycrapola, Jo is a kid, not a babby or even a toddler.  When did that happen?
  • Options
    jo is so fricking fracking cute I might just die

Book Review Blog

If I were a man (or fitty) I'd totally call my penis THE WIZARD - HappyTummy
  • Options
    I agree that less confrontational and light is the way to go.  She is your friend, but I think your original one is fine minus the "it just doesn't compute", maybe put something light at the end of that.
  • Options
    I forgot what I was going to say after seeing Jo.  She's like a real kid now!
    "That chick wins at Penises, for sure." -- Fenton
  • Options
    Look at Jo!  She is such a big girl.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards