Wedding Photography and Videography Forum
Options

Engagement pics?

What do people generally do with them? I pushed to have them included in our photographer's package, but now I"m not quite sure why we're getting them.What do people generally use them for? I don't think we'll be putting them on the save the dates, as I would like those to match our invites or at least have the same formal appearance.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Engagement pics?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    One alternative to the traditional "guestbook" is to put your engagement photos into a photo album that you can make on snapfish, shutterfly, etc and leave space for your guests to sign well-wishes around the images.  Also, you can display the images in an album that you make for the two of you in a coffee-table type book, put them on your wall, use them in holiday cards, etc.  I think engagement photos are a great way to get to know your photographer better before the wedding day and get comfortable in front of the camera.  I really loved the engagement session and highly recommend it. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Like pp said we'll be using them for our guest book. Our parents also wanted a copy of some of them so we'll be ordering prints for them and framing them. Aside from that don't really have any other plans to use them right now. I saw a photo frame card box that I thought was pretty cool, but kind of expensive, that you could use them for as well. Don't forget you don't have to just use them for wedding related things. At one point I was thinking about making a calendar through snapfish or some other site for my desk at work.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    It's also a good way to see how we come out in professional photos together.  How to pose/smile and maybe not pose/smile for the actual wedding pics.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards