Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

Pools

My only pool experience in Vegas was our stay at the Excalibur, where I was less than impressed with the pool.  I've been reading up on the various hotels on Oyster.com (FANTASTIC reviews, by the way, extremely thorough), and I'm kind of drooling over all the different pools.  I would love to check them all out (especially the one at Golden Nugget), but I don't think we can swing staying in that many different hotels, no matter how many research trips we take.So, do they check room keys and such when you go to the pool, or can anyone just walk in?  What are your personal favorite pools?
This is a neglected planning bio.
This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284

Re: Pools

• Options
    edited December 2011
    It depends on the pool and what security guard is there.the bigger the hotel the harder the pool is to get in. My favorite pool is the Golden Nugget for fun but the red rock pool for relaxing.
  • Options
    DawnyHDawnyH member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi,A lot of hotel pools require you to show your room key and the security guard checks it is still valid before you access the area.  Even Vegas hotels with no security at the pool often have a door access where you need to insert your key.  We have stayed at the Mirage and Bellagio and had to show our key.  When we first visited Vegas we stayed in Circus Circus we were a bit disappointed by the pool area and paid something like $30.00 to have access to Bare at the Mirage for the day but the pool was so small.  You can pay to access Wet Republic at MGM and the Hardrock cafe pool but these will be party scenes.My favourite pools have been the Bellagio as their are always plenty of beds.  Mirage- all the beds were gone by 9am and a lot were in the shade.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We were at Caesar's in July and loved the pool. We were staying there, but noticed that there is no security or room key required during the day.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Caesars Palace has multiple pools, the center one looks like a giant fountain. You need a room key to get a towel, robe or cabana, but they don't really care enough to check the guests that are swimming/sunbathing, and do not require a key for general entry. There are a couple of pools that have a key-checker outside, one of them being their topless pool.For the most part, Caesars is a pretty safe bet.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards