New Jersey - South
Options

Amazing day!!

My bridal shower was AMAZING!!!  I was so overwhelmed walking in even though I knew it was today that I was shaking (espeically since I had 80 women staring at me :)My girls, my mom and FMIL did the most amazing job ever and the gifts were more then I could of imagined.My girls got us a GC for our honeymoon and a bunch of bathing suits, cover ups and dresses.  My FMIL got me a kitchen aid mixer with a huge basket of italian goodies and my mom...I can't believe all my mom did.  She got us our entire comforter set.  She had this huge gorgeous trunk on display with tons of stuff.  She had a hanger that she got of etsy.com that said Mrs.xxxx to hang my dress on the day of the wedding and a gorgeous dress for the honeymoon, and all this personalized stuff and her card play our wedding song.  (Can you tell I was overwhelmed :))I can't believe how fast it went and if today is any hint of how fast the wedding day will go then I'm praying I have a chance to take it all it.I hope everyones shower is as amazing!!!

Re: Amazing day!!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Thats so great! Sounds like fun!!
  • Options
    cbuck87cbuck87 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yay!!! Im soo glad you had a great day!!!! And that awesome everything for your honeymoon!!! :-) You must be getting excited now!!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yaay! I'm glad that it went well! :-) I know what you mean about the shaking-I kind of knew about my shower too and yet I couldn't stop shaking for the first 20 minutes of my shower!
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Glad you had a great time!! Where did they have your shower?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    It sounds like you had a wonderful shower!!  That's awesome!I had my shower last weekend and it was awesome.  I was surprised and totally overwhelmed and I burst into tears when I saw my sister (who I haven't seen in two years) she surprised me and flew in from Oklahoma for my shower.  Didn't it feel so surreal at the shower??  I was thinking the same thing about the wedding, I hope I have a chance to take everything in the day of the wedding, I want to "be in the moment" that day.  Did you put all your stuff away?  Mine is all stacked up in my dining room, taking up too much space but I don't think I will have time to take care of it until after the wedding.Glad you enjoyed your shower so much!! 
  • Options
    nygirl07nygirl07 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My shower was at Terra NovaI did get through my entire pile of gifts and put everything away...we have a dog so if I left it out I would of come home to a pile of wripped boxes :)  We did have a few returns but not much.It did feel very surreal....when it was all done I just stood there and kept saying "Wow, it's done, wow that was my bridal shower "  I tried to go around and see everything..they had a huge cake from sweat eats with a bunch of cupcakes that matched....Then my FI's cousin and this awesome plate that she sent around and everyone signed.  My FI's other cousin made me a bridal umbrella for the wedding (it's my Mummers umbrella for since it's New Years Eve) and she also made a beautiful card box for me.I ended up taking off from work today just to get things in order and give myself time to take it all in.
  • Options
    mhuesser2mhuesser2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    im glad you had so much fun. im in the middle of my planning and cant wait to get to that point where i have my shower!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards