Michigan-Lansing

Wanted: EE / HH Reviews

Hope there are some brides who had receptions at Eagle Eye or Hawk Hollow that will let us know about your experience there?!

Re: Wanted: EE / HH Reviews

• npricelovenpricelove member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I loved it at the Eagle Eye!!!  They did an excellent job.  There is a small review in my bio.   But, I would highly recommend the Eagle Eye to any bride in the area.  Besides the rain, everything went smooth on my wedding day!
  • lesleyandtomlesleyandtom member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I didn't have my wedding there but I have been to weddings there. Just a couple of noteworthy things to warn you about:-At Eagle Eye, we were served cold food.-At Eagle Eye, the place was really bright, even at night, so no one wanted to dance. It felt like you were on stage in front of the whole room. People ended up leaving early - including the bride and groom!-At Hawk Hallow, they tried to get the dancing started before the sun went down and there wasn't sufficient window treatments to block the sun. People didn't feel like dancing and I think that was a major factor. Everyone ended up leaving really early!
  • edited December 2011
    They have been FANTASTIC so far. The ladies always respond very quickly to my emails and they are super nice. Went to a food tasting a few weeks ago. The food was amazing. Im so excited to have my wedding there. Its beautiful. Hawk Hollow also has a chapel now which is gorgeous. It has a little pond and water fall in the front. Im getting married in december though so im kinda sad it will be covered in snow :[ But yes, absolutely recommend them.
  • sarcole530sarcole530 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had my wedding in the Grand Garden room at Eagle Eye. It was absolutely perfect. The food was amazing, the view was beautiful, and the staff was very attentive to our needs. I couldn't have been happier with my wedding day. To a previous post-- you do know that the dancing times depend on the bride and groom and DJ, not the venue, right? So really that has nothing to do with Hawk Hollow that the dancing started early...?? It's actually really irrelevant to this post..
  • Bizzy98Bizzy98 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We had our wedding at Eagle Eye on August 29th in the Hillside Room.  Eagle Eye did an amazing job with everything!  The food was absolutly delicious, the staff very attentive, and drinks were awesome!  We got so many compliments on the food saying it was the best food they ever had at a wedding.  There is 1 person in charge of each room and our lady worked very diligently with our DJ to make sure everything was running smoothly and on schedule.  I highly recommend and we couldn't have asked for a better place to have our reception!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • nbeas89nbeas89 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm having my wedding at HH in May 2010. All the vendors I'm working with have said nothing but wonderful things about the EE & HH. I think that says a lot.
  • edited December 2011
    I'm having my wedding at the chapel at HH and my reception at EE in November.  I've been to tons of weddings at both places - including one this weekend - and have had nothing but wonderful experiences.  I think they're the best reception facilities in the Lansing area, hands down!  The food is fantastic - I've never been served a cold meal!  Oh, and the staff there is always very attentive.A previous post mentioned that the rooms are very bright...if you are planning a summer wedding, it doesn't get dark until later on in the evening.  The rooms at Eagle Eye have tons of windows so it does stay light for a bit longer.  I have always found the windows to be a positive though because there is a GORGEOUS sunset that you don't want to miss!!! :o)  After that, they turned off most of the lights - except the pretty chandeliers - and the room was plenty dark enough.I hope this helps!  I know it can be hard to find the right place!  If you haven't already, I highly recommend making an appointment with one of the girls there and checking it out!!! :o)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards