Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Currently KUI

Anybody else?  I realize it's Monday, so maybe not.  I have tomorrow off so I broke open the champagne.  Also watching Hoarders. Life is exciting.

Re: Currently KUI

• Options
    Damnit! I knew I was missing a show tonight.I wish I could be drinking. I am however, writing a paper about attending a Mormon church as if it happened this semester. Nope, 2 summers ago. Oh well, at least I fulfilled the assignment. He doesn't need to know when it happened.
    "In the old days my ass would be in your back yard picking cotton, so excuse me if I don't put much stock in how f*cking awesome the old days were." -Nuggs
  • Options
    I won't tell.  ;-)  I'll have a few sips for you!
  • Options
    Not yet, but maybe later.  I have a feeling I may need a drink or 3 later tonight.
  • Options
    Whatcha havin?
    "In the old days my ass would be in your back yard picking cotton, so excuse me if I don't put much stock in how f*cking awesome the old days were." -Nuggs
  • Options
    LVB...are you Mormon? 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    pc4rc - tough day?
  • Options
    So-so day about to be capped off by a yucky doc appt :oP
  • Options
    Nope. My paper is to attend a cultural event that is out of our comfort zone. I went with a friend to a Mormon service a couple of years ago. It was wayyy out of my comfort zone, so I decided to use it. I've attended quite a few different religious services, and this one made me the most uneasy. I have yet to attend a Pentecostal and a Muslim service. I want to though. Oh, and nothing against Mormons at all. The service just wasn't for me.
  • Options
    Nope, but I'm so sleepy that I might as well be KUI. I'm trying to finish up some studying and then make it through the Daily Show. Not sure how I'm going to do at this point.
    imageimage
    Our Story MAJORLY UPDATED 8/6/09
    Wouldn't it be nice to live together in the kind of world where we belong?
  • Options
    Aw, good luck.  I'll have some sips for you too!  I've gone from drinking out of our wedding flutes to just sipping out of the bottle.  H went to bed, so I don't have to share.
  • Options
    Ha! Klassy. I love drinking straight from the wine bottle.
  • Options
    We just finished our podcast, so I think I'm officially off the clock for awhile. I'm gonna go make a capt & diet and work on seating charts. w00t! If I'm feeling extra happy later, I might catch up on some work... that always makes for entertaining reading in the morning :)
    ========= Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Ha!  LVB, there is simply no other way to go.Audrey03, what do you do?
  • Options
    Oh wow...there are a lot of Mormons in Vegas.  Never knew any in Mich.For some reason I thought you were not allowed in a Mormon church if you are not Mormon.  Or is that only for a wedding service?My H's family invited me to their church once, Jehovah Witness.  I was afraid of opening a can of worms with that, so I flat out said I'm sorry, but I'm not comfortable with that.  It would be interesting to see how it differs from my Catholic school days, and my Pentecostal summers with Dad.  (I am not any religion, for the record)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Web development and marketing type stuff. Doing administration tasks slightly tipsy is just more tolerable than non-tipsy and I tend to leave myself snarky comments embedded in the code. I'll be the first to admit I'm way too easily amused sometimes. :)
    ========= Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I was raised Catholic, but haven't been to church in some time.  The last time I went (Christmas Eve, I think two years ago now?), the priest threw someone out of mass.  I had reall only gone for my mom's sake and I was pretty much done after that.
  • Options
    You aren't allowed into a Mormon wedding ceremony. Also in my research, I learned that during the wedding ceremony, your dress has to be long sleeved, high necked and no train. There can't be any sheer lace anywhere on the dress. They will provide a jacket for you to wear over or..under? your dress for the service. I haven't been to a Jehovah Witness either. I have so many to attend. I am a Methodist but am really open to different religions.Not sure what you meant about Michigan, but I'm in Kentucky. Unless you meant you used to be in Michigan...
  • Options
    Oh no, I meant myself:)  I grew up in Michigan.  So I didn't really know anything about being Mormon until I moved here.  Even then my knowledge is pretty miniscule.  That is cool that you are experiencing that.My daughter once went to an all black pentecostal service with one of my girlfriends who was babysitting her.  My friend thought it was so cute.  A little teeny tiny whte girl with blond hair and blue eyes clapping along, watching everyone fall down speaking in tongues.  My dad went to a tongue-speaking church, so my daughter had seen it before and wasn't freaked out.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    See, that freaks me the hell out. And that's why I'm trying to experience so many different things. I know I shouldn't be all judgy about it, but I can't help it. Well, I'm trying to help it anyways.
  • Options
    It freaks me out too!!  I used to be terrified to go to church because I was so afraid that I would start doing it if the pastor even looked at me.  I only went to flirt with the pastor's grandsons:)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    No Booze tonight. Saving that for the weekend so i can enjoy it with Moto.otherwise i am thinking of way to piss my upstairs neighbor off since at 7:30 he came down here and told me my music was too loud and had to much base and he was trying to study. (it wasn't loud at all and jack Johnson does not have a lot of base.) I wanted to tell him where to shove the music but Moto just kindly asked him why he was doing jumping jackson a 2 am on a sat. and he left. I love going to other churches. i have been to several wedding in a mormon church, i thought it was just temple weddings you cant go to if you are not temple worthy.
  • Options
    Ha! Isn't that the church that does snake handling? Uh-uh. I ain't down with reptiles helping me worship. Nope.
  • Options
    I think you're right, Alisha.
  • Options
    And damn, those Mormon guys that walk and knock door to door are mostly hot-looking. HAHA, i so agree. there are 4 of them that live in the next building that are hot.I feel kinda dirty thinking that since most of the time they are 19-21.
  • Options
    Ha!  CS, I dare you to do that and report back...
  • Options
    I don't think they are allowed to know what a three some is, so you may have to answer some questions...I was asked once by one of them if i had found god, i said yea he was behind my couch, they didn't think it was funny so i had to invite them in to see the pink Jesus that sits behind the couch. apparently i am going to hell.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards