Ohio-Northeast

Help with baker

I'm located in Akron and really have been searching for a baker to do my cake but i dont want to spend a fortune...can anyone recommend someone who is reasonably priced and good?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Help with baker

• edited December 2011
    My bakery, West Side Bakery, is in Akron and was decently priced (link in my bio) Also check out The Bake Shoppe in Ghent...their pricing may be a bit lower than West Side. But I know the cakes there are quite delicious! good luck! betty
  • edited December 2011
    I have not booked my wedding cake bakery yet but I was going to check out All Occasions Bakery, & Eat it Too, and the Bake Shop on Ghent. They all seem very reasonable and their cake was very good. HTH 
  • edited December 2011
    We got ours from Reeves Cake Shop (Cory Rd in Akron) and it was delicious. Their prices are very reasonable IMO and I thought they had a decent selection of flavors to choose from.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • jstripejstripe member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I second (or third) the Bake Shop in Ghent.  They had the best prices in the area when I was pricing cakes last year. 
  • AshleeB85AshleeB85 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You should definitely check out A Bit of New York located in Hinckley.  They will deliver to akron.  They charge $2.25 per person. Not sure if that is in your range or not, but they have excellent bakery.  Their phone number is 330.225-2995.  I also may be a bit biased...because my FMIL owns this bakery, however, they honestly have phenomenal bakery!  If you have any questions let me know.
  • edited December 2011
    I know it seems silly, but check out Acme (yes, the grocery store) on Manchester Rd. The cake is SO tasty, and a good price. It's not the prettiest ever, but I thought it tasted so much more moist and delicious than the places that tend to focus most on decor. We ordered it after attending a friend's wedding where they had 3 different flavors, and everyone went back for 2nds or 3rds!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards