Colorado-Denver
Options

Need help with gift idea

Hi Girls,I thought I would solicit your help/ideas.  I have a really good friend at work that is moving to CA.  We are actually good friends outside of work as well.  I want to get her a going away/good bye gift but I'm at a loss of what to get her.  Usually, she is really easy to shop for but it seems so weird getting her a random gift that might not say "good bye, I'm going to miss you and cherish our friendship!"  I don't have any good photos of us so the idea of framing a picture of us is out.  Do you have any ideas for what to get my friend as a going away gift?  Her last day is Friday so any help you can give me would be great!TIA!!

Re: Need help with gift idea

• Options
    kjyoung9kjyoung9 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    did you guys ever do something specific to colorado - like visiting a winery in boulder, which you could then gift a bottle of wine from that place, like a keepsake?  did you two share a hobby?  like book clubs - you could get a favorite of hers or yours together and inscribe it.  HTH
    Kelly & Kevin, Denver, CO 10.22.10

MyBio

Photobucket

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Great stationary? A guide to the nearest city to her in California to inspire some exploring? A gift certificate to a restaurant in the city she is moving to? It is a tricky gift to give but I bet it means so much to her that you went out of your way for this gesture!
  • Options
    KariMichaelKariMichael member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    the fromers guide to their new city (if available) I like the pic of you two and something from an outing here in CO. When my cousin moved to AZ, we made her a faux snow ball so she could remember what it looked like. with all the x-mas stuff hitting the shelves, i bet you could find something like that.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards