California-Inland Empire

Yummy Buffet & Happy Wallet?

Anyone know of a good buffet style caterer, at a decent price? Wedding is in April next year (reception is in Chino). All we need to reserve is the caterer and cake and we're done!! (The rest of the stuff is DIY) :o) Ps. Thisi s my first post, but i keep up a lot with this board. Yay for I.E. Brides!!!

Re: Yummy Buffet & Happy Wallet?

• edited December 2011
    Welcome to the board.  Sorry, I have no rec's but just wanted to welcome you.  Tell us a little about yourself and your FI.  :P
    CRAFTY ME

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    my read shelf:
    Kasi's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for the welcome... :o) Hmmm lets see... About us...-Wedding Day: April 24, 2010-Wedding Colors: Orange & Blue-I'm 25, he's 35. -We met through work... (yup, we work together...lol..) But he is the best thing since sliced bread... I'm telling you, this man will sit through a meeting with the florist, be helpful, and actually enjoy it! Our website has most of our info, feel free to stop by! :o)www.theknot.com/ourwedding/LupitaIbarra&JamesCocroft PS. How do you ladies get to post pictures below your posts? I've spent hours trying to figure it out, I'm not tech-illiterate, but that kicks my butt! LoL all I've been able to put on there is the ticker... [and that picture doesnt do justice for me or my future hubby ;o)]
  • edited December 2011
    I love how orange and blue looks!  Very pretty.  I met my hubby at work as well.  :P  Here's the code to put a pic in your siggy.<*img src="YOUR URL HERE" width="150px">Take out the *.  Also the 150 is the size.  You can change that. Post that into your profile at the very bottom box.
    CRAFTY ME

my read shelf:
    Kasi's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • edited December 2011
    Welcome and congrats!! Your website is super cute and I can't wait to see pictures of your dress and DIY projects along the way :) I'm sorry but I am no help for your original question, we never looked into this because our venue provided it :/ but I bet Jojo would have some great recs if she comes around :) GL!
  • edited December 2011
    Amber, Syl?  You used caterers as well right?  Did they do buffet?
    CRAFTY ME

my read shelf:
  • edited December 2011
    My caterers did buffet and it was AMAZING. People still tell me how good the food was, and how much there was. They are out of Redlands though, and I don't know if they travel. They are called Farm Artisian. http://www.farmartisanfoods.com/
  • edited December 2011
    The farm is one of my favorite local places to eat. When I heard their catering prices, I couldn't believe it, considering that eating in the restaurant is atleast $25/plate.
  • A07102005MA07102005M member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi and welcome to the board! My name is Ashley and I'm from Chino, however I currently live overseas. My venue's caterers are fabulous but they're located in Highland and Temecula; not sure if you're looking for something more local. I did some googling and came across a couple that might be worth looking into:http://www.shilohilltop.com/http://www.impressionscatering.com/default.htmlI think a few ladies here have some awesome recs for bakeries, if you'd like suggestions for that as well!
  • edited December 2011
    Hi and welcome to the board! I used the same caterer that Nikki has listed above. Their food was amazing and guests still tell me how much they enjoyed it. Sylvia used that same caterer as well.
  • sv4338sv4338 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi there and welcome! I used The Farm also and I recommend them very highly! also if you are looking for a day of coordinator I used Ann from the goodbriesmaids.com she was amazing! she made my day stress free!
  • edited December 2011
    WoW... Thank you so much ladies!! It is so great to have these resources! I try doing a lot of work myself, but there are only so many hours in a day! I have to admit, it is also nice to have people that I can talk so openly and be so excited about the wedding... I haven't felt too comfortable doing so around my female friends and family (single & married)... Except my MOH, she's amazing, but I dont see/talk to her as often as I'd like...It is great to meet all of you, I appreciate the imput! :o)  I need to get on top of that cuz I'm not sure how much time in advance I need to book the caters, so I should get the ball rolling... ...And actually Ashley, we are also looking for bakeries, so it anyone knows of a local one also.. ;o) I'm listening!
  • edited December 2011
    There's Ontario Bakery, Cucamonga Cakery, Tasteful Cakes (Rancho Cucamonga), and Michelle's Bakery (Redlands).I personally did not like Ontario's at all.  Michelle's is good...a little pricey though.  I went with a little hole in the wall place called Wedding Plus Cakes and Supplies (Riverside).  not only were their cakes the best I tasted but they were the cheapest and they didn't charge me a delivery fee!
    CRAFTY ME

my read shelf:
  • edited December 2011
    We really are a great bunch.  We are very supportive of each other and welcoming to new people.  We definitely love when people post!  Gives us something to do!  HAHA.  We talk about pretty much anything you can think of, wedding related and nonwedding related.  Ask away if you have any questions!  We'd love to help you out any way we can!
    CRAFTY ME

my read shelf:
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There's also one of our very own Knotties in the cake business! Her name is Shannon and her screen name is Butterflygrooves
  • edited December 2011
    Wow, this is great! ...I'm going to make a note of those bakerys too! :D I shoudl have started doing this a long time ago!... cuz 'boy do I have questions!         
  • edited December 2011
    Oh yes!  Shannon!  If you ever want to ask her questions about her cakes I can text or page her on Facebook.  i'm not sure how often she is on here now. 
    CRAFTY ME

my read shelf:
  • edited December 2011
    Hi! Welcome to the board!  I don't have any rec's for a caterer but looks like you got plenty of suggestions already.  Congratulations!
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Glad we are able to help, its what we love :) Which is why, I think, many of us OMHs have stayed around.You start out knowing nothing about it, but by the time you're married you've pretty much become a wedding guru! Why not share the knowledge, right??
  • edited December 2011
    Oh yeah I totally agree! & being on the opposite side of the spectrum, help is always welcome and many times needed from the ladies who already lived it!! Kasi, maybe we can try to reach Shannon, I dont even know where to start in regards to the cake, so maybe she can be my starting point? :o
  • sv4338sv4338 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used Martha Greens in Redlands I got a great discount/deal but they are pricey :0(I tried the bakery Kasi used and both their cakes and prices were great! and they even bake you a free lil cake for your anniversaryMichelles in Redlands is awesome but pretty prices also
  • edited December 2011
    I completely agree Ash!  I was a lost soul when I first came to the boards.  I learned so much about weddings...things you never know unless you've planned one yourself.  I am glad we can help!  I love helping out.  Who better than OMH's (Old Married Hags...although we're all not haggish at all..hehe) to help?  I will send Shann a message now.  I'll ask her to log on so she can give you her contact info (email). 
    CRAFTY ME

my read shelf:
  • edited December 2011
    Don't go to Martha Green's!!  I forbid it!  J/K.  I am very particular about cake and I didn't care for theirs.  HEHE.  My idea of a great cake is called Pillsbury.  :P
    CRAFTY ME

my read shelf:
  • edited December 2011
    Here is Shannon's email address:sweetlulus@yahoo.com*disclaimer*  She said I could give it outHAHA...that was me poking fun of that other fun situation that blew up a few weeks ago!  You like?
    CRAFTY ME

my read shelf:
  • edited December 2011
    Definately no Hags at all!!! By the pictures you ladies are all beautiful, and not to mention on those wedding pictures! I can't wait!!! lol...Thanks Kasi, appreciate your help.. and all of your for the warm welcome! 
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Haha, Kasi.. Btw, I think we ran her off =§
  • edited December 2011
    No problemo.  Glad I can be of some help!Ash, she deleted some of us from her FB friend list.  She no likey us anymore.  It's not that I didn't like her...I just thought it a little wrong to give out personal info without asking. 
    CRAFTY ME

my read shelf:
  • edited December 2011
    *this is just a test* (I just tried to upload a picture on my signature thingi, with the code you gave me... posting something is the only way I figured I could see if I did it right...) ;o)
  • edited December 2011
    I should mention you need to upload your pic to photobucket or a site similar.  Sorry!!
    CRAFTY ME

my read shelf:
  • edited December 2011
    lol... i uploaded it on flikr.. but i do like photobucket more than flikr...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards