Wedding Party
Options

gift for groom?

Friend's of ours are getting married this Saturday and my fiance and I would like to send gifts to their "ready rooms" before the ceremony begins. We both missed their respective bachelor/bachelorette parties becuase we had a series of OOT vendor meetings for our own wedding we couldn't miss. My FI and I want it to be something heartfelt and unexpected.i.e. some type of fancy pants scotch for the groom, and flowers for the bride? (but not flowers... she'll be already surrounded by them) Suggestions for great gifts would be awesome! A bit of background: The groom is really into Wine.. has a HUGE wine cellar and puts us to shame with his knowledge everytime we have dinner.. and the bride is a HUGE Winnie the Pooh fan...Any thoughts?

Re: gift for groom?

• Options
    What kind of gifts would you get them if it were Christmas or their birthday's?
  • Options
    A bottle of wine, a nice stopper or a nice set of glasses for the groom; IDK for the bride (does she like anything other than Winnie the Pooh?). Just remember that they have to get this stuff home, so take that into consideration. For example, something big and bulky, or something delicate and breakable, might be a pain to have to transport if they're not staying in the same building all day.
  • Options
    A nice wine and a few chocolate covered strawberries to each
  • Options
    Another idea would be to have lunch or some bagels catered to them while they're getting ready.
  • Options
    Honestly, I would have really appreciated something at our wedding night hotel or to our home when we first got back. The day of, we both has so much activity in the room that I doubt either of us really would have been able to appreciate a nice gift, particularly nice booze.
  • Options
    Yeah, my FI said the same thing about sending something to their honeymoon suite. I think it's a great idea.
  • Options
    Something like fruit or Juice sent to them the next morning (will probably be beat and needing a pick-em-up! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards