Texas-Austin

audmaat

Hi there,You said your friends got Zilker Clubhouse in October for their wedding. If you can, could you ask your friends how many requests they submitted and what exactly they put on them for the type of event? I'm trying to figure out if I enter and put different event types, are they going to care if it ends up being a wedding or once you get it they don't care what you do for it? Thanks!

Re: audmaat

• edited December 2011
    *BUTTING IN* I've never once seen a park representative show up to any event I've been to at the Zilker Clubhouse. It's extremely unlikely they'll ever find out you had a wedding there when you told them it was say, a family reunion.
    Liz & David | 10/23/09
    Planning Bio

• audmaataudmaat member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Alright - I got the low down!  (Also, I lied - their wedding is in nov.)Turns out I had a few things wrong!  They submitted about a dozen requests with friends and family (which I think is A LOT!).  They all put different events and names (wedding for other people, family reunion, party, anniversary, etc).  BUT they didn't win the drawing.  They just called and the date the week before the one they wanted was available.  BUT when they called the Zilker people called them out on submitting a ton of requests and gave them a little stink.  But, whatever, they still got the place and a day they wanted!  I think even if they catch you they're not going to turn you away.  As PP said, they don't seem very "hands-on" there.I think the best advice is to call them, and not wait for them to call you.Good luck!  Zilker clubhouse has one of the best views of downtown! 
  • edited December 2011
    Oh thank you so much ladies! We're looking at it tomorrow and are going to try calling to see if they have anything open in April and snatch it if so. Otherwise, we'll wait and see what happens with the lottery!
  • audmaataudmaat member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Good luck, good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards