Connecticut
Options

Marriage Certificate

I know this has probably been asked before but for those who are married how fast was you marriage certificate ready to be picked up in the town you were married in?

Re: Marriage Certificate

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Married Saturday and the minister dropped it off Monday and we could get it anytime after that. This was in Coventry. I got a copy after we got back from our HM.
    Stroller Pushing,Doctor Respecting, Full Time Daycare Paying, Alone Time Appreciating,Boundary Setting Momma
    Jenny McCarthy = Former Playmate and MTV host
    Pediatrician = Doctor with extensive experience and education on children.
    Bumpies = Don't get me started!
    I know who I get my health advice from!
    What are you looking at?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • Options
    starrbuk13starrbuk13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Shelton had a 24 hour hold.
  • Options
    elisabeth82elisabeth82 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks, it's been two weeks so I think I should be safe I just wanted to check because it's a 45 minute drive.
  • Options
    rel830rel830 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You could call the town clerk's office to be sure. Or if you don't mind waiting a week, it might be ready in the town where you live by then. (The town where we got married, Brookfield, told us they send them to the hometowns at the end of each month. So even though we were married on the 30th, ours was in the town we live by the middle of Sept. Not sure if everyone does that but if so you should have one where you live pretty soon (since October starts Thursday). If you call, it might be worth asking when they mail them and might save you a drive.)
  • Options
    ggmaeggmae member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We were married in New Haven and it took them 4 weeks to process our marriage license.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I was married in Orange on a Saturday, and it was ready for us to pick up on the following Tuesday.
  • Options
    elisabeth82elisabeth82 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks, I went to Middletown this morning and they had it!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards