Washington-Seattle

**carrieoz_76**

I just saw your ticker said 'our Maui wedding is'. My sister had her wedding in Maui 9 years ago. We stayed at Ka'anapali Point at the Sheraton near Lahaina, but the actual ceremony & reception was at the Grand Wailea. Where are you having yours? Where's your bio, I wanna peek. :D
Daisypath Vacation tickers

Re: **carrieoz_76**

• carrieoz_76carrieoz_76 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wahoo, I got paged! :) No bio yet. I haven't decided on a lot of stuff, so I'm waiting till I have more stuff set in stone. We're doing a beach ceremony and haven't yet decided on which beach, but definitely South Maui. Reception dinner at a restaurant, and I'm in the process of deciding between three options. One is fancy on a hill but no view of the sunset, one is more affordable not fancy at all on their front lanai on a hill with a view of the sunset, and the last is spendy but on the water. Guess which one I want. ;) Here's a pic of one option for the ceremony location: [img]http://www.hawaiiweb.com/images/Poolenalena-Beach_7_medium.jpg[/img] here's a pic of me in my dress (beware of awful lighting) - [img]http://i638.photobucket.com/albums/uu105/carrieoz_76/0912091500.jpg[/img] here's a pic of my shoes, only they'll have hot pink ribbon - [img]http://ny-image0.etsy.com/il_430xN.20595508.jpg[/img] That's all I've got for now. :)
  • edited December 2011
    Pretty! I love the flip-flops. :D
    edited December 2011
    Thanks! Advice on restaurant selection is also welcomed. :)
  • edited December 2011
    Well, that was my ONLY time in Maui so I'm pretty useless for most accounts. Although I will tell you that at the Wailea, several of us had food poisoning. :PThe water sounds lovely (of course) but I don't know what your budget is. Otherwise, my second choice would be the one on the hill. Sunset view with water is SUCH a wonderful way to dine!
    edited December 2011
    Yea, I think that's where I'm leaning - on the water if we can afford it and on the hill with the view if we can't. This is where I start trying to be creative with my budget. Maybe I'll DIY something after all (please God, no!).
  • edited December 2011
    Sorry to piggy back. We are going to Maui in March for our HM so if I find anything I will let you know :) although you will probably have your resteraunt by then ... I had a couple of friends go to the Luau at the Marriot and have really liked it.
    imageimageimage
    Newlywed Athlete Blog
    DD Arrived 10/17/2011
    2012 Races
    Valentine's Day Dash - 5k - 2/11/12 - 34:21
    Kirkland 5k - 5/13/12 - 31:59
    edited December 2011
    karebear (or anyone else going to Maui over the next few months), feel free to share your picks and pans on Maui restaurants! I'm collecting a list of options for the reception dinner, and for the welcome dinner. We'll be on South Maui, so any ideas there would be appreciated.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards