Oregon

Show Me the Cake

Hi Ladies.  It's been a long time since I've been on here (I'm a P-town August '08 bride).Anyways, I'm looking to order a cake for a bridal shower, and want to know what the hot bakeries are these days.  I ordered our cake from Papa Haydn and ended up not being happy.I know Beaverton Bakery is good, but are there any other fantastic new bakeries out there?  Or am I missing any of the tried and true ones?  TIA.

Re: Show Me the Cake

• thomasjulieorthomasjulieor member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Helen Bernhard Bakery is a good one and so is Beaverton Bakery.  You could also do really cute cupcakes from St. Cupcake.
  • edited December 2011
    Helen Barnhard gave money to the "no" on gay marriage prop, so they don't get my business.  Try Lamb's Thriftway.  Cali will back me up on that- and not just 'cause she's the supreme ruler of the Portland board and wields unlimited power. And nice to see you 'round these parts again LL2 :)
  • edited December 2011
    Cupcake Jones!
  • Mrs.FelicityMrs.Felicity member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You could do an assortment of small cakes from somewhere like Pix or Pambiche, yum.
  • edited December 2011
    If I wasn't already married, I'd marry Lamb's Thriftway's lemon cake with lemon cream cheese frosting. 
    "That chick wins at Penises, for sure." -- Fenton
  • PDXPhotoGrlPDXPhotoGrl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I hear raves about the Bakery Bar. [url]http://www.bakerybar.com[/url] .They have some suuuuper cute cakes on their website.
    The hair grows in thick where the horn used to be.
  • edited December 2011
    Sweet ladies, thank you! Good to 'see' some of you still on here, lending a hand to the newbies.
  • edited December 2011
    If you want to save some cash - Lamb's Thriftway, or even Jaciva's.  Beaverton Bakery is highly overpriced.
  • edited December 2011
    Lamb's Thriftway has great prices as well as flavors for cake.Not sure how much you're planning on spending, but we had our wedding cake from:http://www.sweetcakesweb.com/1.htmlholy crap the flavors were so good!  We had 5 different ones.They are kind of far away in Gresham though :(
  • edited December 2011
    You must go into A Piece of Cake in SE Portland!! We are getting our wedding cake there. There is a lot to choose from cakes, cupcakes, etc. You will not be disappointed!! They have been on T.V. and in various bridal magazines. The business has been opened for 30 years.
  • edited December 2011
    We just ordered our cake form Helen Bernardt Bakery.  I have had several friends get thier wedding cakes there and they are yummy, not over priced, and willing to work with almost anything.  You can set an appt to do some cake testing if you want. When we had our appt, the place was packed with people getting all sorts of baked yummy goodness. Good Luck!
  • DramaGeekDramaGeek member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Piece of Cake was horrible.  Huge anti-recommend here.  We found their cake to be dry and not all that exciting.  Papa Haydn is my favorite of all time, but i see you weren't happy with them - sad!  JaCiva is also way overrated, IMO.  I'd do Pambiche or Lamb's, personally.
  • edited December 2011
    To the person that had a bad experience about the Piece of Cake, that's too bad. The cake we tasted was awesome!
  • edited December 2011
    Wrightberry's Custom Cakes in Oregon City has some great looking options at somewhat average prices, my fiance and I are going for a tasting next week :-)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards