Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth
Options

Movie Poll

Rumor has it, that Johnny Depp might not return for the 4th installment of the Pirates of the Caribbean movies.  Here's my question:Would you still go see the 4th installment if they replaced Johnny Depp?

Re: Movie Poll

• Options
    untsinguntsing member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'd REALLY not want to.  That's just stupid.  He's pretty much the best part about the movies.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Considering how sucky the last 2 movies were, I would say no.  I don't even think I'd wait to see it when it came out on video.  Johnny Depp IS Pirates of the Caribbean.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    For real? I thought he'd already signed on. That would be terribly disappointing.... I might order it on netflix, but def. wouldn't see it in theaters.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Alyssa, I think he was all for it and then the Disney studio chief left and now Johnny reportedly isn't very enthusiastic to come back and shoot a 4th film.  So reportedly Disney is looking to replace him if he does in fact decide to opt out.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I was thoroughly confused in the third one so I'd probably have to watch it again. I don't know if I'd spend money to watch it in the theatre anyway. I think it's silly if he's going to be replaced, but I would be more understanding if they just wrote his part out completely.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I see.I sure would hate to be the actor charged with replaced Johnny Depp in that role. IMPOSSIBLE.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    nope - I would not go see POTC if Johnny Depp wasn't in it...he makes the whole movie, IMHO...but I heard/read that Orlando Bloom was the one who didn't want to return if they did another installment...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Probably not.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm not totally sure I would see it WITH Johnny Depp, but without him- definitely not!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    maykiousmaykious member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I didn't know they were making a fourth. I'm kinda disappointed. It's one thing to put out huge, awesome, blockbuster movies, but it's quite another to keep revisiting the same movies and making ridiculously obvious attempts to try and squeeze every last dime you possibly can out of a franchise. It cheapens the original.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    maykiousmaykious member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh, I didn't answer your question! I might see it at the dollar theatre if I have some free time, but I won't make a special trip for it and definitely won't be spending $8.50 for it. Same thing with New Moon. I'll only do it to satisfy the guilty pleasure. If Johnny Depp and Orlando Bloom are in it, I'll probably make sure to see it at the dollar theatre.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    appletango85appletango85 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I wouldn't see it in theaters if he's not in it.But I would attempt to if he is still in it. I LOVE those movies! and agreed that he MAKES those movies.
  • Options
    BanannaPBanannaP member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    No, I definitely would not see it if he wasn't in it. Which is sad, because FI saw the 2nd and 3rd their opening weekends at Studio Movie Grill. It's a little tradition, and I'd like to keep it going.
  • Options
    juliebug1997juliebug1997 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Probably not.  The third one was so bad (IMO) that I doubt I would go see the 4th one in the theaters.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards