Nebraska-Omaha

Out of town guests?

I am sending my invites out by Saturday, at the latest, and would really like to include a sheet with information such as a few suggestions for hotels (we wanted people to have choices -read, different price ranges- so we didn't block rooms), things to do for entertainment, and maybe a map of Omaha or something for people who aren't from here. Has anyone done this already that would have an example for me to see? We already know what hotels we are suggesting, but aren't sure what to suggest for activities. Also, I have been trying to figure out how to format all of this info. We are getting married November 7th, so if anyone knows of any fun activities going on during that time, that would be helpful. Thanks!

Re: Out of town guests?

• HuskerfanzHuskerfanz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just put ideas on my wedding website and had the url in my invites so I didn't have to cram a lot of info into the invites.I suggested the zoo, Joslyn Art Musem, Old Market area, Mahoney.  You could talk to the Omaha tourism people in the Old Market or check the city of Omaha's website for more ideas.During that time would be one of the biggest Husker games of the season! (Oklahoma)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BabyFruit Ticker
    TTC #1 since 08/11 IUI#2 = BFP!
  • edited December 2011
    I know about the game. We are also Husker fans, but had a very good reason for picking our date. I actually just posted about this one on the board (someone else created a post about their wedding being on a game day).
  • daniellehaydaniellehay member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    we put one together for our guests. www.haymillerwedding.comclick on "Around Town" link on the left
  • edited December 2011
    Great Idea! I would suggest The Durham Museum as well as some restaurants for your guests who may be interested in eating out the day before/of or after. Fun restaurants downtown (and affordable) are Twisted Fork (Americana style & voted best of Omaha); The Upstream Brewery (because it's local and they have great beers and rootbeer), Spaghetti works is affordable and has a fun looking interior (not my fav. though). Good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for the help guys! I ended up making a website and including as much info as possible on the Guest Information page. I am planning on adding a few more things soon. If you are curious to see how it turned out visit www.theknot.com/ourwedding/JustinRossitto&AngelaBarrettVampola
  • edited December 2011
    It won't let me post that without adding "" in the middle of my last name. That is not supposed to be there...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards