Texas-Austin
Options

Hair on a budget!?!!!?!?

I am getting married at the end of the year in Austin area, I live out of state and I am planning my wedding from far! I need to find a good hairstylist at an affordable price! HELP!

Re: Hair on a budget!?!!!?!?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Alex Russell charges 75-100 for both hair and makeup.  She is new to town but her portfolio can be seen here... alexrussellmakeup.weebly.com
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I've been getting my hair cut at Innu Salon for two years, and I really like them. I can't afford to have my usual stylist do my wedding hair, but they have cheaper stylists there who can do it. I think it's around $40-45 for an updo. They're super nice there too and have a good social conscience too. If you call and talk to them about budget, etc, they can talk you through what they can offer.
  • Options
    sara.judkinssara.judkins member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I can set you up with one of my stylists at Visible Changes at Barton Creek Mall.  We do AMAZING hair for great prices!  If you are going to be bringing your wedding party in, we offer special bridal party discounts for your big day!  You can call and talk to me, Sara, and I can refer you to one of my stylists, depending on what style you are going for!  512.328.1596
    www.ohitislove.com Anniversary
  • Options
    erolliserollis member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with Visible Changes at Barton Creek Mall. We (fiance and I) think they have some of the best stylists! Sadly we haven't been able to get there in months to get our hair cut (we live in Houston). Everyplace we go to in town is never as good. Also the prices are very doable there at Visible Changes.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am getting my hair done by Liz at Eidelweiss Salon. Their prices are really reasonable. I had my trial a couple months ago and Liz did a great job.
    planning bio
    "My favorite color is fluorescent beige."
  • Options
    lgurnielgurnie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had my hair done by Alex from Edelweiss.  She came to he house we rented (i'm also from out of town!) and was VERY affordable.  My bridesmaids and mom also had her do their hair. Everyone was really happy and she was fun to have around. I highly recommend!
  • Options
    ag2011ag2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Crystal @ Salon Presly is amazing! She was featured in Rare Magazine a while back. Many of my friends have used her and became clients after the wedding. Here is her website : www.hairwhisperer.vpweb.com
    I just called the salon her prices are $65-$85, but she does group discounts as well :) Good Luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards