Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul

photobooth opinions

ok so what does everyone think about photobooth? yay or nay? At first I was all about it b/c it seems like everyone that had one said it was a hit....but then a wedding we went to a few weeks ago had one and almost no one used it! Everyone was on the dance floor, even FI and I almost forgot to take them, but now I'm wondering whether it's worth it. opinions?

Re: photobooth opinions

• wittyschaffywittyschaffy member
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm using one. My sister had one at her wedding and it was a blast! people wore the props from the prop kit all through dinner AND the dance which was hillarious. I think it all depends on the company you use. It is their job to get people into that booth - we made a general announcement at the beginning of dinner that it would be open and to please stop in at some point. With very few exceptions, everyone was in there more than once.
  • edited December 2011
    My FSIL got married last Friday and their photo booth was a hit, especially with the kids. They had it displayed right next to the candy buffet, which was all located right next to the bar....so both of those were big hits. Maybe it depends on where it is located and how it is announced. I didn't even hear the announcement for the photo booth but when I went to go get a drink I saw it and was like "we have to do that NOW"Who doesn't like a photo booth?
    Trying to Conceive Ticker "All that I'm after is a life full of laughter, As long as I'm laughing with you" Planning Bio image
  • edited December 2011
    I think it totally depends on your family, friends, etc. My family and our friends are a ton of fun. Our photobooth was a huge hit. Literally evreyone used it. There was a line the whole night and that was one of the best parts of our wedding. The guestbook with the pictures from it is awesome, and everyone was coming up to me and Phil and telling us how much they loved it. I have a ton of pictures of like 10 people crammed in there :)
    imageLilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • megs2460megs2460 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yay on the photobooth.  We are also having one for our reception as well.  I do agree with the other girls on it depends on your family and friends as well as announcing it to everyone. I think it'll be a hit at ours, I plan on taking many pics!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • hkieslinghkiesling member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm not doing a photobooth, but I am doing an interactive photo wall (siggy pic and more in bio). There will be a camera on a tripod set-up, so guests can take pictures whenever they want.
  • edited December 2011
    Nay. I like the idea of a photobooth, but FI and I have decided to not spend the money on it since we're already paying X for a photog. 
  • edited December 2011
    Yep, we're having one. All of my little cousins are excited for it. The person who was most excited though? My grandma. She lit up when I explained it to her and she keeps talking about it every time I see her. Too cute.
  • edited December 2011
    YAY!!!  Ours had people in it all night long, old and young alike!!  We've heard from so many people since the wedding about how much fun they thought it was.  If you decide yay...get some props and watch the creativity begin:)
  • polichikpolichik member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I really, really, really want one, but we're already going to go with an expensive photographer. If the money magically appears in the budget, I'll be all over it :)
  • edited December 2011
    We used a classic photobooth. It was one of my favorite things about the reception. We had a scrapbook instead of the traditional guestbook, where our guests wrote in comments and glued in some of their pictures. Our photobooth was actually in the back corner of our reception hall (that's where DH wanted it.) We didn't announce it either, but there was always people there. [img]http://tinyurl.com/ye7jul4[/img][img]http://tinyurl.com/ydp9ppu[/img]
  • edited December 2011
    I can never post pictures correctly...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards