Illinois-Chicago
Options

New Here!!

Hey girls! My name is Ke-Ke and I am getting married July 16th 2011...The FI and I would LOVE to get married in Chicago and you girls seem to know SO MUCH! I would love it if any of you could help me...Our colors are Tangelo (tangerine) and Pistachio green.....I have no clue about vendors, reception nor ceremony locations cuz I'm not from the area. Happy planning to you all!!

Re: New Here!!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Welcome! I should ask...are you looking to have your wedding/reception downtown, or in the south/north/west burbs? If you can specify where you'd like to have it, I'm certain the Chicago Knotties will have awesome advice for you!Congrats on your engagement!!!Kate
    imageimage
    Finally...we are Mr. & Mrs.!!! WooHoo!!!

Planning Bio
    Married Bio (Work In Progress)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    What type of place do you have in mind as well:  We just need a little bit more info.  Banquet? Restaurant? Size of guest list, etc.
  • Options
    keawanakeawana member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you kate and ennaerb80!!! I'm actually not too knowledgeable on Chicago at ALL!! :/ But I would love to have it outside if there are some good recommended places. We plan to have 150-175 people, with a budget between 10-15k. I know thats not a lot of detail, but we've just REALLY got "down and dirty" into planning a few weeks ago. My town is very small and I would like to have everything in Chicago or in the suburbs..dress, hair, makeup-EVERYTHING..I have tons of research to do..
  • Options
    January BrideJanuary Bride member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Is the 10-15k for your reception (rental fee, food, drinks) or for everything (dress, invites, flowers, etc.)?Welcome to the boards! :)
  • Options
    keawanakeawana member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you January Bride! And yes it is for everything....I may have to add a few extra bucks if I find a dress that exceeds my budget though...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    That's close to my budget, and just so you know, we are having ours on a Friday in the south burbs. I too wanted it outside, I thought that would be GREAT, but I wasn't able to find anything w/in my budget, outside. Plus, Chicago weather is SO unpredictable - for example this past summer - WORST SUMMER WEATHER EVER! We're having our reception at DiNolfo's Mokena, which is in the FAR south suburbs. They have great meal packages, and everything is included (meaning meals, open bar, gratuity, tax, etc.). They have several different meal options - we are going with family style a.) for the price and b.) we've been to a wedding there before and it's fantastic food! We too are expecting around 150-175 people and the banquet hall alone will be approximately $9,100. I purchased my gown at Eva's Bridals of Oak Lawn (again a south suburb) and it cost me $800. It's GORGEOUS though. Sorry, I know that probably sounds snotty but I literally just ordered it on Saturday and I'm SUPER excited. They gave me 20% off the dress because me and all my BMs are ordering from them (so in total 12 people, including my Mama). That's my input for today! :)
    imageimage

Planning Bio
  • Options
    keawanakeawana member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    kthame..I'm sure your dress is beautiful and I just finished looking at a few places: Cantigny, Chateau Bu Sche, The Patrick Haley Mansion, and Montefiori.. I absolutely LOVE the patrick haley mansion...Next I need to figure out where to start looking for dresses! I'm super excited!!! :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    WOW! That's great. You're certainly on the ball with checking out places already. Chateau Busche is nice, but I wasn't pleased with some of the things they told my fiance when he went to go check out the banquet halls; I was working/living in Australia so I wasn't available for the on-sight tours/meetings.If you need any other advice, you can always just email me. It's kathleenmcvey(at)yahoo(dot)com.
    imageimage

Planning Bio
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You could try Montefiori in Lemont http://www.montefiori.com/index.asp
  • Options
    keawanakeawana member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    thank you kthame! I really appreciate your help!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards