Chinese Weddings
Options

Parasols or Bouquets? Or both?

I am using Parasols for my bridesmaids instead of bouquets. I am also giving parasols to the moms too, instead of corsages. BUT I want one too! I nice gold and white one!But then... should I have a bouquet? would it be weird if I had a bouquet while the other woman all have parasols? Or would it be even weirder if I had both? What if I took pictures with the parasol but during the ceremony, I use a bouquet? Or switch off using the parasols and bouquet during the photos?If I don't use a bouquet, should I get a toss bouquet anyways for the reception? Does anybody think the bouquet toss is not important to include? I think that if I didn't have one, I'd feel like my wedding didn't have everything it should. But then again, I was thinking of forgoing the garter toss, because I find that to be awkard to say the least. But then would I be ruining it for the lonely men?What do you girls think about all of this? Does anybody else have pictures to help illustrate your point? I just want everything to look nice and flow together.
imageimage

Re: Parasols or Bouquets? Or both?

• Options
    ring_popring_pop member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    First of all, I skipped the bouquet toss and garter toss and no one missed it. I PROMISE you it won't ruin the wedding for the "lonely" (ugh) men. They're not there to catch the garter; they're there to see you get married. And they won't be any less lonely just because they caught the garter.Anyway, about the parasols: a knottie on my club board got married in Hawaii and had parasols for her bridesmaids, and a bouquet AND parasol for herself. Take a look through her online album. (There are a lot of photos, so scroll through page by page.) You'll see that she took some photos with them all holding the parasols, and some with her bouquet and their parasols. They walked down the aisle with parasols and she used her bouquet for the ceremony. And it's beautiful, all of it.[url]http://tinyurl.com/y87vo2n[/url] My advice: don't get sucked into everything you're "supposed to" or "not supposed to" do. There is no formula for a correct, proper or perfect wedding. Just as long as you're considerate to your guests and you get married, the other details don't really matter that much, as long as you're happy with them. Your wedding will be complete as long as you end up married!
    Baby Birthday Ticker
    Baby #2: Surprise BFP 9.19.12, EDD 5.24.13, natural m/c 10.19.13 at 9w
  • Options
    ring_popring_pop member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sorry just to clarify... I meant her BMs walked down the aisle with parasols, and she walked down the aisle with her bouquet and used it throughout the ceremony.
    Baby Birthday Ticker
    Baby #2: Surprise BFP 9.19.12, EDD 5.24.13, natural m/c 10.19.13 at 9w
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    That seems like the best idea. And I will continue to think about the bouquet toss. Thanks for the thoughts and pics!
    imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards