Iowa-Des Moines

Photo booth...

So when first looking around for wedding ideas, my reaction to the photo booth was, "Why would someone waste money on that when you have a professional photographer?"  Well... at the bridal shows last weekend my sisters and I hoped into a couple and it was SO MUCH FUN!!  I'm now obsessed and trying to win my fiance over on the idea of having one.  I'm a photography grad student and my fiance also worked with photographs in his work when he was an art student so I think it ties in with our personalities.  :-)Has anyone been to a wedding with a photo booth or had one at their own wedding?  Any advice, tips, experiences you'd like to share?

Re: Photo booth...

• edited December 2011
    I've never been to a wedding with one (although I know some DSM Knotties did have them!) but I've only ever heard awesome things about the photobooths.  It sounds like everyone has fun with them, and it's cool that the couple gets a copy of all the pictures, too.  And it's an added bonus that it fits in with your and your FI's work.  I say if it fits into the budget, then go for it!  :-)
  • EJPintEJPint member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My photographer is including one - they have two photographers, so one actually stays with the camera at the photobooth to encourage people to ham it up, grab props, etc.  The pictures they showed me turned out soooo cute!I've also seen suggestions where you can make your own - buy some cute fabric to put up as a backdrop and get a remote control for your digital camera.  The cost of a camera with remote is probably cheaper than renting a booth...But if you want to rent one, I'm sure it will be awesome!!  I'd tell your guests about it in advance (via your webpage or whatever) so they can be thinking about it...and let the creativity fly!  Have FUN!!!
    Natural m/c 8/31/12 at 11 wks BFP #2 - Due August 16!
  • edited December 2011
    Our photobooth was not only a big hit the night of, but the scrapbook that was created that night is one of our best keepsakes. I can honestly say that the photobooth was one of the best investments of the whole wedding. We are still getting compliments and love to go back and look at the HILARIOUS scrapbook. I used Joe's Photobooth, but later found a better deal from a different company. They have a higher-tech booth that fits more people, takes videos that you can upload and email, etc. Email me at nataloo314 at gmail dot com if you have questions or would like more information.
  • aealversonaealverson member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi Anastasia! I think a photo booth is such a cute idea! As long as your guest are willing to participate :) I have never been to a wedding with one, but I think it would definitely be fun! good luck & happy planning!
    "We belong together like the moon & stars at midnight" Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Ann!  When are the nuptials??
  • aealversonaealverson member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    :) September 25, 2010 in my hometown, Mason City. you??
    "We belong together like the moon & stars at midnight" Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards