Colorado-Denver

OOT bags

Sorry- I know I have asked about this, but it was a long time ago... Need ideas for practical and local ideas for OOT bags. Thanks! (And affordable is good...) In addition, does anyone know where or what I could do for cheap involving Celestial Seasonings, Lefthand, or Coors???

Re: OOT bags

• kjyoung9kjyoung9 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You can always buy cases of bottles and put one or two per bag.  The Coors can that change color when they're cold are gimmicky yet fun for OOTs.
    Kelly & Kevin, Denver, CO 10.22.10

MyBio

Photobucket

• KariMichaelKariMichael member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    All my bags didn't make it to the rooms... I've got a lot of stuff left over. What are you interested in? Celestial seasonings, we just threw a few in each bag. I drove up to boulder and bought the commercial boxes so they were pretty, not just tea bags... You can't buy the individually packaged bags at the grocery store We added Enstroms, everyone LOVED it other things we had Water bottles Tylonol Sun Screen Chapstick CO flag magnet mints hershey kisses chocolate chip cookies (pepridge farm) maps coupon book welcome letter post card (Vistaprint) I bought boulder chips, but opened one of the bags for a snack and it was full of fuzzy mold!! if you're interested in our left overs, let me know. I'd love to start clearing out the wedding stuff.
  • edited December 2011
    Sure! I am trying to figur eout how many I need today, but I would probably be interested in the some stuff. How much are you charging for some of it???
  • edited December 2011
    By the way Kari- Where did you get the Boulder chips??? I was going to see if they had them at Sam's club since we have a membership there, but the mold thing is scary! So the Celestial Seasonings do not have any packaging- just tea bags??? What is Enstroms? I would probably be interetsed in: Tylonol Sun Screen Chapstick CO flag magnet mints maps (Where are they maps of???) coupon book (Local coupons? Denver? We ar ein Longmont so I would want them to be practical...) Please let me know how many of these yo have and what you would charge for the above items. Thanks! (The list)
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I bought the chips at Costco. took them right back! the tea from the grocery store is for home use, they are just he tea bags in a box. You have to get the commercial ones to get the individually packaged bags. Sams might have them, if not the factory store up in Boulder does. I will see how many we have left, I think those were grabbed out of the bags by my aunt... I will gather all the stuff i have tonight and I'll let you know a price. things are all over the house right now haha. I threw out the maps and coupon books becuse they were for Breckenridge. Contact the longmont Chamber for lots of free handouts maps of the town, coupons... they pull it together in a day or so. We also had a Breckenridge magazine, maybe see if 5280 will give you a bunch of the Sept prints. OOT guests like to read about where they are.
  • chelbell326chelbell326 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    ditto to the Enstroms Toffee! We used the individually wrapped squares for favors & they were a HUGE hit! Everyone kept saying how yummy they were :) Leslie, they have a store in Cherry Creek (in the little area where University & Josephine split, between 1st & 2nd St. I think) We used the individually wrapped Celestial Seasonings tea as well & our guests loved them.
    no identifiable siggy pictures anymore, thanks a lot stupid nest!
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Chellie! GET OFF OF THE KNOT! HONEYMOON MRS!!! HONEYMOON!!
  • chelbell326chelbell326 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    LOL...we are leaving in a few hours...waiting for laundry so we can pack :)
    no identifiable siggy pictures anymore, thanks a lot stupid nest!
  • coolcourt85coolcourt85 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Kari-I would also be interested in your magnets, if mouse doesn't end up taking them. I am also interested in your postcards, what do they look like? How many do you have of each and let me know a price when you get around to it! THanks! You can email me if you want at coolcourt85 at hotmail dot com
  • edited December 2011
    Go to the local vistor's bureau - Fort Collins gave us a touristy map, a wristband our guests could use to get discounts to shops, and a tour guide magazine. We also did boulder chips (no mold problems!), water, and nutri-grain bars (not local, but good for breakfast). We put them all in a cute reusable bag, made out of the same stuff the reusable grocery store bags are.
  • edited December 2011
    Kari- Let me know what you figure out- I would definitely be interested in buying off of you. :)
  • coolcourt85coolcourt85 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ditto Kari! I would like to order my postcards soon, but really want to know what you have!
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My post cards said breckenridge, Colorado over a scenic mountain pic. I don't think they would work for you guys. DH had some problems last night, I will try to compile all the OOT bag stuff tonight. SORRY!
  • edited December 2011
    I went to the Longmont Visitors Association and got TONS of great maps, magazines, coupons, and stickers!  Woo hoo!  I also went to McDonald's (my current last name) and they gave me happy Meal boxes!  So I plan to use those for my OOT boxes!  Now just need to get other goodies to put in there....  kari - feel free to email me at mcdonald_leslie at hotmail dot com when you figure stuff out.  Thanks :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards