California-Los Angeles

I also need to vent!!!

I FINALLY got FI to sit down an write his guest list... He doesn't have any addresses, he doesn't know how to spell peoples names (i.e. Sarah, or Sara), for goodness sake, he doesn't even know his friends last names!! I said to him "How good of friends are they if you don't even know their last names??!!"REALLY?!? Has this happened to anyone else?It's taken over 2 months for me to get a list from FMIL and FI. And it's SOOOO INCOMPLETE. No full names, wrong addresses, no addresses. Not to mention, FI is allowed 100 people that my parents will pay for. Anything after that is his families responsibility (FI and I are paying for everything except the Venue). Between he and FMIL, 196 people!!!!!!!!!!!!I had him call her (on speaker) and tell her she needs to cut her list down and she says "okay we'll discuss it" (She's having a hard time accecpting that my parents are only paying for 100 people) in other words that means I have to wait another 2 months to get a revised list. I told him if I don't have a final count by the time I order our STDs, his guests are getting  one and too bad. I'm so tired of putting things off. And after we were done with his guest list, he seems so irritated and so tired from doing it that we couldn't discuss anymore wedding. Like we're on a limit to discuss one wedding thing a day. At least we finally agreed on a STD magnet design. So CHECK on that...Thanks for listening ladies... you're all so great.Off to bed... probably have another wedding nightmare :/

Re: I also need to vent!!!

• Genie03Genie03 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm sorry. Hope everything goes well. I have told My MIL that I need her addresses by Jan. or she will not be able to invite anyone. so we will see. we are still a year out so still not so stressed out. oh about your Fi I get the same thing with Dh, but just think of screaming kids behind you while your talking about it. I have learned to tone it out, but DH still can't handle it and we really can't talk till the kids go to sleep which is about the time he goes to sleep so you can well imagine my frustration. I'm letting it go since we are still far out, but i'm going to put my foot down, down the road. I will send knottie fibes and hope that your FMIL gets the hit that she need to fork out some money too.
  • ericaberryyericaberryy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ugh i went thru this too! I had to send the STD's in 2 parts because his side was taking forever to get me the info. and we only have about 50 people, it shouldnt be this difficult.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers Ay, Amor, Tu Eres Mi Religion.... -MANA Trying to Conceive Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    luckily for me i bought an address book awhile back before we were even engaged, and whenever i got an address from FI, i would write it down immediately.. and it has saved me SO much drama with him. and about only being able to talk about 1 wedding item/day.. my FI is same way. just remember they dont have the same feelings about the wedding as we do. and maybe more that 1 thing is overload for him. so.. thats why they created theknot.com. so us brides have a place to talk wedding 24/7 if we want :)
    Meagan and Travis
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BFP 2/27/11 Missed M/C 4/2/11
    BFP 6/8/11 Delilah Rae born February 17, 2012
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    All I can say is TGFF. Thank God for Facebook. Without that, I wouldn't have known so many of the first and last names of some of the guests and their significant others!
  • Vans18Vans18 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    This totally happened to us. On the week we were supposed to send our STD's we sat down started wrting mine (since I was very organized, I had mine all complete) and my mom gave me hers very neat and complete...then I asked for his...and of course he didnt have his friends addresses and his mom's list wasnt complete. I was so mad because I had MONTHS asking boht of them for the lists. So you know what I did? I sent mine out! haha I'm so bad I know. But that's what he gets! Of course he felt pressured and had no word to say because he knew i've been asking for the lists for months...so he started to text his friends for addys and called his mom for the rest of the names and sent his the next day. So now he knows to get with it for the time the invites are due. =)You just got to keep pushing them to give you the lists! sorry I don't think it gets easier. Oh yeah and tell your fi to really think about the people who he is inviting. We only invited family and very close friends we grew up with or friends we came close to the past few years. GL!
  • edited December 2011
    You ladies are saviors! I swear I though I was alone on this. I'm so relieved to know that I'm not. It really does suck that we have to go through all of this just to get some dang addresses. I can't wait until all my invites are our and then we have to start tracking people down because they haven't RSVPd yet. MOH already told me that she'll do all the calling to hunt people down so I don't have to stress. Hubbard had mentioned something about her FIs idea to put on the invite that a non-response means "i won't be attending" i love that... wish we could do it for real. I already told FI that I'm ordering the STDs SOON and if I don't have the addresses by that time, well then too bad. I'll let him be responsible fo his. It's not my fault, right?Thanks again, you're all so awesome!much love, nic
  • JenLeuJenLeu member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You're definitely not alone.  Same thing happened with FI's list when we were sending out invites, so I just sent my half off about a week before his!  LOL.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards